orkybash

Chun-Li (+1000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,085 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 01 June 2002 - 01:16 AM

Street Fighter II 'China Street Beat'

Very interesting fusion of Chinese and techno motifs here. All the elements are right on, except for the in-game sample interlude which I *really* didn't care for. Maybe a little short, too. But overall, it's worth a download.

#2 Streets of Rage bum

Streets of Rage bum

Dan Hibiki (+75)

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationVancouver, B.C., Canada

Posted 25 September 2002 - 12:13 PM

ah...Chun Li, the 1st real female fighting character that was taken seriously! She rules! and so does this mix! it really does have a chinatown flavour to it!
"GRAND UPPERRRRRR!"
Streets of Rage FOREVER!!!

#3 typhoidmary66

typhoidmary66

Glass Joe (+10)

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 07:40 AM

WOO! I always loved the music from this fight ^_^!! nice remix!
suck a cheetah's dick

#4 Txai

Txai

Wario (+4000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 10:01 PM

The beginning remembers me Mortal Kombat. But it is clarified with the voices in 00:59 (punches and kicks). Simple work, but good for me. Hello, McVaffe! :)
Posted Image

#5 Nineko

Nineko

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 6,024 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 05:08 PM

Chun-Li's music has never been my favorite in Street Fighter 2's OST, but this ReMix is interesting, congratulations to McVaffe.
I especially love that section completely made of sound effects starting at about 1:00, it's hilarious :lol:
In fact, I'm looping that section in Winamp :lol:
Definitely recommended, even if it's a bit too short.

#6 OA

OA

Judge, Unsung Heroes Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,889 posts
  • Locationmn, usa

Posted 11 June 2007 - 05:21 PM

I love the rhythmic s-s-sonic booms. The mix is way too short, and besides the sweet sound effect section, seems to be a little vanilla, arrangementwise, but its fun for sure. There is a lot of nice panning and the samples are nice.
Posted Image

#7 DragonAvenger

DragonAvenger

Judge, Unsung Heroes Asst. Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,042 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 12 December 2007 - 03:00 AM

Wow, crazy use of sound effects. I've got this silly grin on my face listening to it. Definately a fun mix!
Posted Image

#8 DJMetal

DJMetal

Little Mac (+550)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:33 PM

Man, I can't believe this one hasn't gotten more love. I've heard this remix probably 20 times in the last couple of weeks and I love it. The thing that stands out most are the sound bytes, which are great and well placed. I think that they contribute something big to the feel of this track as well. It's a unique piece, and one of my personal favorites.
Mon Dieu! Ich wünschte, Ich wurden bleck.
"You can be a real guitar hero. Clearly obvious." -Txai

#9 Master_Yoshi

Master_Yoshi

Alex Kidd (+200)

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, ab, cdn

Posted 11 December 2008 - 07:29 AM

Good take on the theme song, this would have fit so well into the game. I love how he uses game sounds for percussion in this song (and in at least 1 more that readily comes to mind), it is such a genius approach to remixing and he pulls it off so well.

#10 PriZm

PriZm

Fox McCloud (+1200)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationMontreal. QC

Posted 23 December 2008 - 10:35 PM

I love when sound effects are used to create a rhythmic break in a tune, so thank you for that part that starts approximately at 1:00.

Otherwise the arrangement is quite conservative, but the choice of sounds is pristine and the feeling is really true to the original.

#11 Marmiduke

Marmiduke

Pac-Man (+500)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 530 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:06 AM

Cool oriental-styled head-bopper with identity. The sound bytes are really quite charming and also sound great. Everything else is short and straighforward, but there is also a liberal amount of variation on the theme within the constraints.
It's cool and nice to hear between songs, but it's also only truly remarkable for its quirks.

#12 Bahamut

Bahamut

Moderator, Maverick Rising/Serious Monkey Business Director

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,857 posts
  • LocationMountain View, CA, United States

Posted 31 October 2009 - 07:52 AM

Not McVaffe's best effort here, as this doesn't even clock in at 2 minutes. This song really sounds like it's halfway to a promised full song - the ideas that are there though are good.
Liontamer: AND THEY HAVE A PLAYPLACE

#13 SubNormal J3

SubNormal J3

Luigi (+750)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:25 PM

I like the syncopation in the drums at the beginning. The ethnic instruments work well. Sampled sections are pretty neat. Very nostalgic. Some nice expansion on the melody at 1:20.

#14 Crulex

Crulex

Strider Hiryu (+2100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,140 posts
  • LocationErie, PA

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:41 AM

Absolutely love the SFX being used in this ReMix. Very true to the original feeling and has a nice catchy beat to it. Could have been a bit longer, but I'm a quality over quantity, and there's enough quality here for me.

06_hisakoultra.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums