Need Constructive Feed. I'd Appreciate If Someone Listened

Thanks for being open enough to let me share some tunes with you.

I'm on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/dylanbriscall

All the songs on Early Mornings, Late Nights, and Long Roads were written and composed by me and were produced by Joel Kazmi--who’s worked with artists like The Tea Party, Rush, N’sync, Sum 41, and Anne Murray.

If you don't want to listen that is absolutely cool and if you can recommend some new music or mention any great shows you've seen lately, that would be great.

Cheers!

Ooo, you have a cool voice. Really could pull off bluegrass, or some other more lyrical or folksy style of song (probably why you're labelled as 'Folk', lol). The guitar playing is pretty slick, too - from "Love like You" it's fitting. The percussion is well placed, too (though sometimes it sticks out just a little much, like the stick hits at 1:40). You have some strong chops.

I only listened to one track (which is normal, if you want constructive feedback - gets tough doing more than one track!), but I feel the reverb provided by the guitar and singing are not matching up. When utilizing reverb like that, it's always ideal to make every instrument sound like it's in the same room - otherwise it makes the instruments sound like they're two different performances stuck together artificially. I mean, technically most recordings ARE that, but you've got to give the illusion that it was one performance.

It's a relatively minor nitpick, though - otherwise the production is pretty on point. I know the "Originals" forum doesn't get TOO much attention in comparison to the ReMix workshop, but man, if this were a video game arrangement people would be eating it up like crazy. Hope that my little bit of feedback helps, but you're certainly pretty good. I'll give separate (and perhaps selfish!) advice, too: a lot of people look at the VG arrangement forums more than the originals area - if you want more people to hear your stuff, makin' a remix is a good way to catch a lot of people's eye.

Am I saying this because I want to hear folk VG arrangements in the WIP boards and possibly posted? Hell yeah I am, but it's also a great way to garner more feedback, too. Great stuff, though! I'm glad I checked it out, and I hope my advice helps.