*NO* Street Fighter 'The Rise of Ken'

Chimpazilla

Contact Information

Submission Information

• Name of game(s) arranged: Street Fighter
  • Name of arrangement: The Rise of Ken
  • Name of individual song(s) arranged: Ken's Theme from Street Fighter
  • Link to the original soundtrack: https://youtu.be/-14W5XTqL5U
  • Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.: Created in Fruity Loopss

Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

That's a hefty beat!  The beat is relentless throughout the majority of this track. The saw playing lead is pretty plain and vanilla.  The backing guitar sample sounds really dry, and that's not the best crash sample I ever heard.  The bass gets too loud on a few notes but is almost inaudible for the rest of the track.  The arrangement and also soundscape are very repetitive.  Overall the track needs some better sounds and mixing, and a bit more arrangement variation (perhaps varying the timbres throughout the track will help).  There really is no outro, just a stopping of everything, cold.

NO

• Chimpazilla changed the title to 2016/04/16 - (1N) Street Fighter 'The Rise of Ken'

Wow, that FL Slayer guitar sample ain't getting it done. The beats at :20 were thin, plainly-written, and droning, and the lead synth was super vanilla. Basically, all of the sound design was weak. At 1:38, the arrangement sounded like a cut-and-paste of :20's section. There was no synnergy or cohesiveness as far as these sound working together.

To the extent that I was digging your Kingdom Hearts "Dearly Beloved" arrangement, I thought this was poor all-around and didn't have enough effort put into creative sound choices or a developed arrangement. Maybe this genre is outside of your wheelhouse, but there's just 0 polish or sophistication to the execution here. Sorry I don't have any praise for it, but I know you're capable of much more than this, Joey.

NO

• Liontamer changed the title to 2016/04/16 - (2N) Street Fighter 'The Rise of Ken'

Gotta go with Kris and Larry on this 100%. The guitar sample doesn't work well as a substitute, the snare and crash are weak, and the overall sound design of the synths sound plain and uninspired. Overall, the sound design choices really hurt this track.

I've heard better from you, so I know you're a capable musician. This arrangement, though, is a miss in many ways that Kris and Larry have detailed better than I have. Seeing that I'd probably just repeat what they said, I'll defer to them for the details.

NO