OCR03418 - Mario Paint "Pickin' Colors"

Liontamer

I immediately took a look at this once I saw it was a Mario Paint song as this soundtrack is pretty nostalgic for me. Immediately I thought, "wow, this combination of source and bluegrass is perfect!". It really sounded great and the story behind it makes it that much better. I too can only hope that I can pass my love for VGM to my kids some day. :) 

This is a first timer's effort?? There's a rock bluegrass band I love called the "Rusty Guns" and this sounds like something that they would strive for. Man, the whole song comes across as someone easing back and relaxing with their favorite banjo, a tapping foot, and a swig of smooth whiskey. Incredible work by the remixer on this one!!

Wow I also love the story behind it and I am extremely happy to welcome Steve to OCR!!

Also, I consider myself open to a lot more styles and genres than the average person, but even then, I never was able to appreciate bluegrass music that much. I don't know why exactly. So how surprised was I to adore this remix!! ;)

Good job Steve on making love a bluegrass song, now if someone could make me love country music too that's probably the only style left for me to learn to love ;)

The greatest thing about music like this is that you could totally play it at a concert and most people would have no idea it's game music. It sounds like it was just made to be in this genre b/c that's how well it's covered here. I'm surprised just how awesome the banjo sounds b/c I don't normally like country music. Great work here!