FF6~Chanson De Caractère(Aria di Mezzo Carattere)

GSO

And for the Chanson de Caractere section.

Specific notes:

• The lead (is that mandolin, dulcimer or some sort of guitar?) is a bit buzzy in places.
  • Love the transition at 0:52 and the harmony that follows. Beautifully done. I hear SOUL!
  • Weird cut-off on the lead at 1:45. Sounds clipped.
  • I think the harp has a bad note or two at 1:58
  • Something else is needed within 2:04 and 2:30. There's a lot of space here that could be filled. I'm thinking something violin-ish, but your sound design may dictate otherwise.
  • The lead taps a string at 3:49 as after the last note falls.

Overall Notes:

• Very pretty overall. I like the choice of sounds, and I really like the tone and pace of this.
  • I think the sound is a bit dry - playing with the reverb a bit should fix this.
    • I'm hearing other mixing elements that are needed, but I am not the person to advise you on this.
  • I could suggest more orchestra here too, as some wind and more strings would help to emphasize the soundscape, but I also like the sound of the two or three instrument progression. IMO, you do need some sort of added texture to the song though - the harp does a great job of carrying the song along, but there is a lot of empty space to work with still. It needs some sort of support.
  • Notation is once again almost dead accurate. Again: awesome job, but watch for robot sequencing.

This, IMO, is very nice. I enjoyed listening to this. I'll be watching for the next update to this and Curtain Call - and I hope the Finale is coming soon. :)

Great work!

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...