OCR03429 - Final Fantasy X "Those Who Seek the End"

Liontamer

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

On 9/29/2016 at 3:29 PM, DusK said:

What drum library is that? I need it.

Back then I was using a Frankenstein kit of various samples from Superior Drummer 2, more specifically, Cymbals from Metal Foundry, Snare and kick from Metal Machine, and toms and extra snare from the stock Avatar kit.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03429 - Final Fantasy X "Those Who Seek the End"

There's no way this is a debut mix - not one with such an emphasis on touch and feel! I can't believe it!

First off, it's immediately obvious of the knowledge and respect for the source the remixer has - this take has care and touch woven all through it. I'll argue with djpretzel (and on the side of Enumerator) and say that this is absolutely metal; you don't need to melt the listener's ears off to be metal, and indeed, the beautiful handling of the back half of the remix is a resonant, nearly spiritual arrangement, one that I envision fits with a truly special ceremony performed once a year atop the mountain. Deeply powerful and evocative, but in a unique style and handled with a grace beyond the stated experience. Major props!

Fantastic mood and mood-supporting and -building structure in this arrangement. Really liking the combination of sounds. But oh man, the tuning of that guitar in the A-part of the piece, it's seriously making it hard for me to fully appreciate this tune. I get band rehearsal flashbacks. Rest of the thing sounds so pro. I think I'll live though. Good work & looking forward for more!

• 2 weeks later...

I get serious Porcupine Tree vibes with this one. Dark and haunting, yet beautiful. Servants of the Mountain is a great choice for this style.

Such a solid mix without indulging too much. Perfect mixing of rhythm and lead guitars. Can't wait to hear your next remix. Excellent work. 

And dang those drums are crisp as a fall morning in October.