Project Director: The Nikanoru

Co-Director: TBA

Assistant Director: TBA

Visual Artists: Geo-Dragon, Etzaen, Mike Ramanauskas

Web Design: Starphoenix

Project Email: lylat.system.clear@gmail.com

-------

Current Remixers:

The Nikanoru, DS394, TheChargingRhino, classic_gamer_76, Jay Thomas, Slimy, Trev, bLiNd, Starphoenix, CrimsonCobalt, Thirdkoopa, JulienMulard, Etzaen, Siolfor the Jackal, Pichu's Dad, Your_Face, XPRTNovice, YoshiBlade, Deedubs, CmacProductions, GCJ, Smittenden, Afilion

Current Performers for Collaboration:

The Nikanoru - male vocals, acoustic guitar

DS394 - basso profundo (male vocals), piano, bassoon

classic_gamer_76 - synthesizer

Theory of N - alto / tenor saxophone

Trev - violin

Pichu's Dad - vocal, acoustic / electric guitar, banjo, clarinet, bass (electric), harmonica, alto / tenor saxophone

M_Blacki - electric guitar / bass, synthesizer, drum sequencing

JohnStacy - (French) Horn

TSori - trumpet

Audio Support / Sound Design:

Jorito

Your_Face

ad.mixx

Afilion

Mastering Support

TBA

Quick Reference for project status or source track research:

Project Overview

--WHAT WE NEED—

We are looking for the following support (thanks to Odai for swiping this idea from the Ocarina of Time project and thanks to Theophany for the original idea):

• *A Co-Director to assist me in the qualification and review of the music and audio for this project. I need someone with past experience on working with OCR and with the final production of a project, as I have only limited experience in this area. *POSITION FILLED*

• *Arrangers/Remixers to conceptualize and complete remixes. This is where the bulk of the work will be. Brand new or experienced veteran, anybody who would like to take part is welcome. 

• Voice Actors to bring life to the characters in our audio narratives. If you think your voice would be perfect for one of the available roles, drop us a PM or email!

• Performers who are experienced with any type of instrument and have a high-quality recording setup. Sometimes live is better, so anyone willing to lend a hand to a fellow musician short an instrument or skill would be appreciated.

• Sound Designers/Audio Support interested in mixing and sound design for the project. Ideally, we would like folks who are willing to provide support and/or collaboration with Remixers who are new or inexperienced at mixing.

• Mastering Support for bringing the final WAVs into coherency and giving the final touches to tracks before final submission. I have no experience mastering and so I'm asking for someone(s) who is(are) willing to dedicate a little time (okay, a lot of time) to help us get the album through one of the final hurdles. *POSITION FILLED*

Anyone who is interested in helping in any one of these areas, please let me know.

--ALBUM CONCEPT—

First, a special 4-Arwing salute goes to Thomas Neil, who originally came up with the idea of building a Star Fox album in time for Star Fox’s 25th anniversary. He would have been the director for this project, but life became more complicated for him, so he was unable to give the project the commitment he thought it deserved. I thought it would be a shame if this one-only timing for the album fell apart, so I volunteered to bring his idea to light.

I have always believed that Star Fox is the flight simulator for everyone who doesn’t like flight simulators. I remember playing the first game, years ago, and being fascinated with the SUPER HIGH TECH 3D POLYGON GRAPHICS, the ‘smooth’ play control, and the choice of different routes to take to reach the final goal, depending on the difficulty chosen. I’ve played other flight simulators, but none have given me the same thrill as Star Fox. Seven games and almost 25 years later, Star Fox has become a respected Nintendo franchise.

We had a goal to put together a two disc set of 14-17 songs per disc, featuring a showcase of what we would hear flying around as Fox McCloud. Due to my own life complications, this project timeline was extended past the point where we could release it before Star Fox's actual 25th anniversary of release; now, instead of simply a tribute, we are focusing on the concept of the narratives and music: To celebrate the Star Fox series, we are putting together a tour of the Lylat System from Corneria to Venom to give this Solar System a little bit of the Star Fox experience,

All tracks from all games are open and there are no genre restrictions. The deal for the album concept is one track per area on a course between Corneria and Venom.

One exception to this is tracks from Star Fox Adventures. A maximum two tracks can be claimed from this game, as I don’t want the listener to spend too much time on Sauria; that being said, if we get more, we may accept them as bonus tracks.

--AUDIO TRACKS--

To add a little spice to our journey through the Lylat System, we have put together a series of audio tracks throughout the album to guide our listeners a little closer to the Star Fox experience. We are gathering talented voice actors to play the main characters from Star Fox as they fly through the Lylat System, growing closer to the final goal of reaching Venom to battle Andross.

If you're interested in voicing a character, let us know!

Audio Project Team

The Nikanoru

classic_gamer_76

TheChargingRhino

YoshiBlade

Cast List

Fox McCloud: (TBA)

Falco Lombardi:

Slippy Toad: Purple Perpetrator

Peppy Hare:

Krystal: TheChargingRhino

General Pepper: The Nikanoru

Wolf O'Donnell: classic_gamer_76

Leon Pawolski:

Pigma Dengar:

Andrew Oikonny:

Andross: The Nikanoru

--CURRENT TRACKLIST--

Red = track claimed, no WIP (0% overall)

Purple = draft WIP submitted (1%-49% overall)

Orange = substantial WIP submitted (full arrangement, 50%-90% overall)

Blue = finished WIP submitted (only final review left, 90-99% overall)

Green = Final WAV submitted (all done, 100%)

DS394 feat. Jay Thomas - Opening Theme - Star Fox 64 - Lylat Legacy

Trev - Menu Select/Stage Clear - Star Fox 64 - ???

TheChargingRhino, classic_gamer_76, Pichu's Dad - Records 1 - Star Fox 2 - Cornerian Hall of Fame

TheChargingRhino, classic_gamer_76, DS394, The Nikanoru - Corneria - Star Fox - SCRAMBLE

CmacProductions - Attack Carrier (Corneria Boss) - Star Fox - ???

**Audio 1: All Ships Check In

Asteroid Belt or Meteo - Star Fox 64 - OPEN CLAIM

DS394, The Nikanoru - Sector X - Star Fox 64 - ???

JulienMulard - Aquas - Star Fox 64 / Command - Submarine Bio-Warfare

Afilion - Titania - Star FoxTitanic Beach

**Audio 2: Pigma's Message

Katina - Star Fox 64 OPEN CLAIM

Fortuna - Star FoxOPEN CLAIM

Etzaen - Eladard - Star Fox 2 - ???

**Audio 3: Distress Call

Cole Train, DS394 - Sauria - Star Fox Assault - ???

classic_gamer_76, Slimy - Inside Krazoa Palace (Sauria) - Star Fox Adventures - ???

Smittenden - Boss C – Star Fox 64 - ???

**Audio 4: Beware the Black Hole

Disc 2 - Venom

GCJ - The Awesome Black Hole - Star Fox - Impending Abyss

ad.mixx - Sector Y - Star Fox – Dogma

Deedubs - Space Armada/Sector Z/Sector Y - Star Fox - Star Skirmish: Attack on the Armada

**Audio 5: Against Star Wolf

CrimsonCobalt - Star Wolf - Star Fox 64 - Can't Let You Do That!

GCJ - Zoness - Star Fox 64 - You Disrespectful Whelps

Starphoenix - Macbeth - Star Fox - Cyber Warfare

Siolfor the Jackal - Sector Z - Star Fox 64 - ???

YoshiBlade - Boss A - Star Fox 64 - ???

**Audio 6: Approach to Venom

Thirdkoopa - Area 6 - Star Fox 64 - In A Distant Region

Slimy - Venom Orbital / Venom Base - Star Fox – Surprise Attack! 

**Audio 7: The Final Confrontation

XPRTNovice - Andross (Brain) - Star Fox 64 - ????

**Audio 8: Job Well Done

Slimy - various Star Fox themes - Star Fox, 64, Assault, Zero - Ode to Star Fox

***Please note that a complete WIP is now required for new claims***

--DEADLINES—

First Deadline: January 1st, 2017 - CLEAR

Second Deadline: April 1st, 2017  - CLEAR

Third DeadlineJuly 1st, 2017 - CLEAR

Fourth Deadline: October 15th 2017 - CLEAR

Fifth Deadline: January 1st 2018 - CLEAR

Sixth Deadline: April 1st 2018 - CLEAR

Seventh Deadline: July 1st, 2018

(director's life becomes complicated, time passes)

NEW IMPROVED FINAL, FINAL, FINAL DEADLINE: April 30, 2019

If you make a claim you can’t fulfill, we would much rather you tell us then wink out of existence on us.

If we don’t hear from you within two weeks after deadline, we will have to release your claim.

----------

ALL SHIPS CHECK IN AND PREPARE TO SCRAMBLE!!

Edited by The Nikanoru

I claim Corneria and the Ending Credits. (Staff Roll).

As proof I know the harmony, here it is.

F4, C5, G5, F5,

C5

E4, 

B4, E5, F5.

Also claim Records 1, Select and Controls from SF2, 64, and the original, respectfully.

I plan to make a mix of those three tracks.....have to come up with a title, though.....I mean, I guess I can use "Cornerian Hall of Fame".... 

34 minutes ago, TheChargingRhino said:

I claim Corneria and the Ending Credits. (Staff Roll).

As proof I know the harmony, here it is.

F4, C5, G5, F5,

C5

E4, 

B4, E5, F5.

Also claim Records 1, Select and Controls from SF2, 64, and the original, respectfully.

I plan to make a mix of those three tracks.....have to come up with a title, though.....I mean, I guess I can use "Cornerian Hall of Fame".... 

Ambitious! I've PMed you on this.

15 minutes ago, classic_gamer_76 said:

Can I claim 'Inside Krazoa Palace' from Star Fox Adventures?

Done. Welcome aboard!

Corneria's title shall be either "McCloud is Back in Town" or "SCRAMBLE" 

EDIT-I shall stop asking questions and spamming inboxes for a while after this-

If the square/first instrument in Darkwing's Mix Godspeed is first, and several instruments join in, but the "Hits" don't come in until around 2 minutes, would that be alright?

I'll post something here....

Okay, thread has been reset with the new info.

Sorry for the confusion @classic_gamer_76, you have submitted a WIP - but it still needs a name! :)

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 7:13 PM, TheChargingRhino said:

SCRAMBLE! SCRAMBLE! SCRAMBLE! SCRAMBLE!

Hmmm. Not sure this is at the level where you can 'drop the mic,' but very interesting.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 3:21 PM, DS394 said:

I guess I can claim Sector X as I already have the WIP of it.

Done. Send me your WIP!

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 3:21 PM, DS394 said:

Errrm... I kinda wanted to claim Corneria, but my track is pretty short tho:

I like it, as I'm always down for a little cello action, but lonely ... and short. :)

---

So, I've been thinking about this Corneria thing, as it's the most popular track in the Star Fox series and I'm only choosing one to be featured (bonus tracks still possible!). Well, this weekend, a friend of mine suggested that since it's so popular, why don't we make this into one big collaboration?

Tell me what you all think.

I think a Corneria collaboration is the best way to go. Great idea!

@TheChargingRhino -- Really like the ideas you have for that (first) Corneria mix. However, just like The 'Boss' Nikanoru said, there's still quite a lot to do. I'd be very glad to help you on that one actually, since it's already pretty inspiring -- throw a couple more ideas in this WIP. I could even manage to get proper guitar recordings too!

@The Nikanoru -- Haven't thought of a name just yet. I usually give my mixes a name when they're close to be finished. I'm experimenting stuff right now and would like to have a talk with you when I'll have another WIP ready so I can share my vision of where I want to go with this track and see if it could still have its place within this album.

Also, it would be great to have a list of the performers available for collaboration in the first post -- near the current tracklist ^^

3 minutes ago, classic_gamer_76 said:

@The Nikanoru -- Haven't thought of a name just yet. I usually give my mixes a name when they're close to be finished. I'm experimenting stuff right now and would like to have talk with you when I'll have another WIP ready so I can share my vision of where I want to go with this track and see if it could still have its place within this album.

Also, it would be great to have a list of the performers available for collaboration in the first post -- near the current tracklist ^^

No problem, let me know. Very curious to hear your vision.

As for performers, no one has stepped forward yet. Who can confirm they are available for collaborations and what can you collaborate with?

28 minutes ago, DS394 said:

Oh, and make sure you change my track claim to purple since I sent you the WAV

You are in the Purple Rain now, DS. :) 

I have added 'current performers' to the top of the thread under staff. Anyone else who is interested, let me know.

I've also put myself down for Titania. from Star Fox SNES. It's a weird one and no idea what I'm going to come up with, but a drumbeat and some deep, dark, dirty, distorted guitar has been running around in my head for a while now...

4 hours ago, Cole Train said:

I'm no [good] producer though, so my claim is pretty tentative honestly.

Hmm, I've always wanted to try producing a rap beat, so maybe if you make some fire lyrics we could put something together ;)

(BTW here's an example of a rap beat I've made before even if its purpose is a bit cheesy, but if I could put produce something more legit and put some rap-style piano thing like this behind it and just edit it a bit, this could be pretty dope. Would you be interested?)

6 hours ago, DS394 said:

Hmm, I've always wanted to try producing a rap beat, so maybe if you make some fire lyrics we could put something together ;)

(BTW here's an example of a rap beat I've made before even if its purpose is a bit cheesy, but if I could put produce something more legit and put some rap-style piano thing like this behind it and just edit it a bit, this could be pretty dope. Would you be interested?)

I am really liking that idea man, I'm very interested :]

Also that beat for the chemistry thing was pretty clean tbh, and being someone who likes chemistry that was entertaining, haha. 

@Cole Train@DS394, this track is claimed. I've heard the examples, and I'm very curious to see what you guys come up with!

7 tracks, we're off to a good start!

I'm starting to get a little clarity on where I want the concept to go, so I'll be hammering out a set tracklist for the two discs later this week. Stay tuned!

• Liontamer changed the title to Lylat System CLEAR: A Star Fox Tribute Album