Lylat System CLEAR: A Star Fox Tribute Album

The Nikanoru

Star Fox 2 Title Remade (Not exactly but whatever)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1cNg5GTkCUIZzRmLUJYeWlzemM

Clipped Wings With Drums (rave party)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1cNg5GTkCUIWEJuTjctczJWSkU

I believe the drums shall stay but I need to somehow equalize everything.

Oh, and I discovered this wonderful thing called the Mixer.

Also discovered Synthmaker! 

I'd just like to thank everyone for staying in touch - it's 3 days before the deadline and I've received word from just about everyone on the project on where they are. This is great! :)

For the few stragglers, please let me know where you're at when you get a moment - even if you just tell me you're alive and that you heard me. LOL

-----

I told everyone we would have a script ready for the deadline for our narratives and we've got two draft scripts so far (big thanks to @TheChargingRhino and @classic_gamer_76 for writing these up!) - they are pretty solid in writing and concept so far, but I still think I need to go over them a bit before I feel we can share them with the team. I'll probably have one I can post by Saturday. 

What I'm trying to do is think of overall concept right now - these were originally supposed to be simple, quick intermissions to give a bit of a context to the journey, but after a lot of discussion with those involved (and some advice from @YoshiBlade - thank you again for all your comments and suggestions!), I've been encouraged to really think about building an overarching story behind this and work the dialogue into how the album flows.

This would turn our currently musical album into a remix/audio-drama hybrid - sounds cool, but it would have to be done right to be taken seriously. I'm going to really consider this before I commit to rolling this out (hence the delay in posting a script).

More to come on this, stay tuned.

I'm very pleased to announce that @XPRTNovice has claimed Andross!

He has yet to decide on a source, but I have no doubt that he'll remix a winner. Welcome aboard! :)

EDIT: SF64 will be the source for this remix.

-----

I don't know the fate of our plans for collaborating this track yet. What I can tell you is that the Andross monologue WILL go ahead, even if I have to make it a separate track. More on this later, once I have a chance to get to it.

Two claims left! :)

So, another deadline has come and gone - now it's time for our July update!

I have updates from the following folks (thank you!):

After confirming with me last month, I'll be expecting updates from the following folks this month:

I have not heard from the following folks at all in at least two months:

I will send out one final PM to each of you - please get in touch with me before July 14th if you wish to keep your claim(s). If I do not hear from you before then, I will release the claim; you will have to submit a new WIP (or an update of existing WIP) to reclaim.

----

Now that school's over, no more excuses! Please keep the updates coming and the tracks moving towards completion!

We're almost halfway through our timeline now. Unless you have made arrangements regarding your timeline with me, I'm going to be putting more pressure to get updates before deadlines moving forward - I'd still like to have the project completed early if possible and I'll need everyone's help to get there!

I'll be reworking the thread's details a bit to reflect some of the changes in the project. Big component on the narratives is coming - stay tuned!

Reviews are coming for the updates I have this week. Thanks for your patience and feel free to keep working on your track while you're waiting.

Happy remixing! :)

1 hour ago, TheChargingRhino said:

So I have decided to make a map (Google Doc) of the whole journey.

I can't access the link - permission denied. Could you please send the updated link to me via PM?

1 hour ago, TheChargingRhino said:

Make the artist can make it an actual drawing?

My guy (Mike Ramanauskas) is only doing the cover, the back cover, and the CD covers. He is only doing this as a favor to me; anything beyond this scope would start to cost some fairly serious coin.

A map is a good idea, though. Personally, I'd like to see a map of the entire Lylat System - There are 12-16 planets (depending on who you ask), 3-4 nebulae, at least one orbiting meteor (Meteor Base) and one single blue giant star named Lylat  (Solar is a planet, not a star). There are also lots of little-known locations such as Papetoon, Eladard, Kew, and Sargasso to consider, or the theory that Solar is the way it is because of its relative proximity to the three sectors. Also, the tracklist will be changing slightly with the development of the narratives, so this may impact the flight path.

I can ask if Geo-Dragon or @Etzaen are interested in building on your design, once you have a final draft.

Aren't Kew and Sargasso from the comics?

I know Papetoon is, first thing you see in the NP comics. 

Also, here's the correct link (forgot to add sharing...Yes all of you can start screaming at me now...)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZABcSH2Z0FhSf93n3738cOj7Rc1MFvbdAD0VoQsa0fU/edit?usp=sharing

BUT

EVERYONE WHO OPENS THIS CAN EDIT.

So, PLEASE do NOT open the document if you are NOT PART OF THE ALBUM.

Thanks.

@TheChargingRhino

Kew is the planet Fox finds Krystal on when she becomes the bounty hunter 'Kursed' in SF Command's ending 'Star Wolf Returns.' The Japanese version of SF Command implies this planet is in another galaxy; either way, it is not on any map.

The Sargasso Space Zone is the area where Star Wolf's base exists in SF Assault. It is described as 'somewhere within the Meteo Asteroid Belt,' likely somewhere in the direction of Fichina.

Papetoon is a desert planet (implied to be similar to Tatooine), likely somewhere near Titania, given the hints implied in SF Command and the fact that both planets have a similar climate.

Building a map of the Lylat System is a subjective activity. Even the maps of different Star Fox games make little or no sense when compared.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Siolfor the Jackal said:

I was just listening to some other WIPs again and wanted to say well done, guys. Looking good.

Seconded! :)

17 hours ago, TheChargingRhino said:

....I'm waiting on reviews....

You got one. Sorry for being slow on this.

Please do not post non-LSC related info on this thread. The thread is for project-related discussion only.

Hello, everyone!

I guess I should get this out of the way first. I received the news this morning - our initial submission for OCR approval has been rejected by the staff. I received a list of all the feedback from the projects team which reviewed the submission, and suffice to say, there are concerns that the overall quality of what we have does not reach the overall quality or potential that OCR is looking for.

So ... what does this mean for us? It means that this is not over! A wise salesman once told me that a failing grade is never the end of the world, it only shows you where you need to improve to do better the next time. There ARE tracks on here that caught attention, we DO have some folks on here that are getting noticed, and there IS some excitement that this is happening! I'd like everyone to take a long, hard listen at their work and find everything you love about it and everything you can think of to make it even better. OCR has made it clear to me that they want to hear our absolute best before they give us their nod, so I expect nothing less of everyone here. It was @Thomas Neil's vision to see this as an OCR album, so now that we are more aware of what those requirements are, we need to work even harder at this. Let's kick it up a notch!

Moving forward, I'm going to be asking for more help from the Audio Support team for track review and I'll be looking for a well-established remixer or to give me a hand with track QA. I know I've been slow with reviews - sorry about that, I'm getting there - but I'm hoping to have them all done by the end of the month. All this feedback from OCR is good incentive!

I'll be going over the panel feedback for your tracks with each of you; a lot of you have submitted updates since the initial submission, but I'll touch base regardless. If anyone has questions about this whole thing, please PM me.

-----

Updates:

• I will be updating the tracklist to reflect the new narrative schedule soon, and posting an article about the narrative component - I'll hopefully do something on this in the next few days.
  • @Katamari sent me an update of his remix for SF SNES's Title Theme!
  • ...and after a long absence, @CrimsonCobalt submitted a new WIP for Can't Let You Do That! which is sounding awesome. Give it a listen - He'll be looking for performers soon!
  • @The Imposter never got back to me, so yes, I have released the claim on The Awesome Black Hole.
  • @CrimsonCobalt has decided to release his claim on Katina, but will be keeping his original arrangement if anyone is interested in taking over from where he started.

Please keep the updates coming. Keep up the great work, everyone! :)

34 minutes ago, The Nikanoru said:

I received a list of all the feedback from the projects team which reviewed the submission, and suffice to say, there are concerns that the overall quality of what we have does not reach the overall quality or potential that OCR is looking for. [...] I'd like everyone to take a long, hard listen at their work and find everything you love about it and everything you can think of to make it even better. OCR has made it clear to me that they want to hear our absolute best before they give us their nod, so I expect nothing less of everyone here.

I'd also invite people to take a good look at this page if we want to produce something worth being approved by OCR -- especially the 'Arrangement' and 'Production' parts.

If needed I'd like to throw my hat in for helping out on the album in any way, whether that be recording some instruments or taking a track. I understand this album is in a reworking phase currently and I definitely have a love for star fox and would like to see this come to life.

I would like to contribute as a performer (all brass instruments, non brass instruments depending on the circumstance).

And also I heard there were voice acting roles?

I most likely won't be able to take a track to arrange this time around, but would love to contribute as much as possible!

20 minutes ago, JohnStacy said:

I would like to contribute as a performer (all brass instruments, non brass instruments depending on the circumstance).

Hey John! I actually already had you down for the (French) horn, but I can add 'all brass and non-brass instruments'.... wait, isn't that everything? :)

I'll put you down for 'all brass' for now - let me know what 'non-brass' instruments you would like me to include.

24 minutes ago, JohnStacy said:

And also I heard there were voice acting roles?

Yes! We are looking for folks interested in providing a voice for Falco or Peppy. If you're interested, shoot me a PM with your role of choice and a quick sample.

31 minutes ago, JohnStacy said:

but would love to contribute as much as possible!

I recommend having a chat with @Thirdkoopa first, as he is putting together a slow jazz remix for Area 6.

Hint hint, everyone! We have lots of performers willing to record for us - let's use them!

Everyone: I need the sample for the "WHHHHHHrrrrrr" sfx in the Fortuna track from 1.

I assume it's mixed in with the drumline, but not sure....

I have a midi of the track, I just need the sfx.

If all goes well, I shall be attempting to make a bonus version.

EDIT: Why has no one covered the boss theme from Titania yet? (GUITAR LINES...If I can record properly, I can do rhythm, if anyone's interested...)

Also Venom above ground from 2?

• Liontamer changed the title to Lylat System CLEAR: A Star Fox Tribute Album