Lylat System CLEAR: A Star Fox Tribute Album

The Nikanoru

I was already doing some small things for this album in the background, but I've talked with Nika a bit (disclosure: he's my co-director for the Secret of Mana album that's currently in progress) and I am also on board to help out a bit more pro-actively. My work on the Secret of Mana album goes first, but if anyone needs a hand with their arrangement or production work, let me know. I can help both as advisor/sounding board or actively working out the kinks in your track, if needed. Don't be shy, just reach out.

I've been quiet, I know - more life stuff came up last week, but I'm getting back on track now.

• I've finally made some changes to the tracklist at the top of the thread and to our lineup. I'm not done yet - there are still some decisions to be made and some conversations to be finished - but the new placement for the audio tracks is now listed.
  • I know I've been slow about sending the feedback out, but I'm catching up. I should have it all out soon.

----

Guys, I am still waiting for updates from many of you who didn't get something in to me for the last deadline. I'm not going to point you out - yet - but you know who you are, and I'm going to come looking for you soon!

In the meantime, please note @Jorito's generous offer above - I can totally vouch for his ear, musical ability, and his skill at making folks smile. We also have our Audio Support team, ready to advise with whatever help you might need.

Keep at it, everyone. Just because it's quiet here doesn't mean things aren't happening. Looking forward to hearing what everyone is up to! :)

• 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, classic_gamer_76 said:

Is it this one ? Want me to give you a quick review while waiting for the boss to return ?

The one that's in bold up there (the SHABAM one) ? Sure. Yeah, that one. I changed nothing but the bass and added the breakdown into "C"/another round of "B"

Wow. These new headphones are awesome. Wow.

OMG MY MIX SOUNDS SO AWESOME NOW. 

12 hours ago, TheChargingRhino said:

The one that's in bold up there (the SHABAM one) ? Sure. Yeah, that one.

The structure is definitely here as well as 90% of the arrangement. Problem is it's a Synth Wave track -- which usually gets boring very fast. Change the Drum Kit for a punchier one and add fills at the end of each section to built interesting transition -- perhaps changing the beat for some sections would be nice instead of constantly playing the same or simply having none at all. A cheap but effective way to make the piece more interesting would be to use various FXs and samples -- Sweep for transitions, Lo-Fi/Hi-Fi (Funk Fiction Style) -- or more voice clip -- Hideki Naganuma Style. Check FL's sample library -- you'll find more stuff that you actually need there -- and fill you soundbank with Star Fox voice clips and have fun. Don't forget such classics as Side-chain, Delay and Reverb and don't fear exploring different ways to make good use of Pans. You might tell me you already did some of this but I think it's till too shy.

Then again, I'm not an expert of Synth Wave -- though I like listening to some of it. I'd recommend you take a listen to Meteor's Parallel Lives album where you'll surely more accurate stuff to learn from that what I wrote here.

As I previously wrote somewhere -- it has the potential to be a very good mix (I personally think this new ending with the Saw Synth is golden). Keep it up and make it happen !

It's been a while, everyone. Despite popular belief, I am not dead, nor have I fallen off the face of the planet! :)

My apologies for the absence - I had some fairly serious stuff come up in my life in June which has carried on far longer than I expected. I have this mostly sorted now and with some changes to my family's schedule, I should have more time moving forward to work on this. YAY!

I'm still getting myself back on track, but you'll notice some changes on the front page - some new claims have opened up as my discussions with folks over the OCR review progress. Anyone who does not have a WIP submitted (with a couple of exceptions) have had their claim released - this includes my own claim to Titania. This does not mean I've turfed anyone, per se; it simply means a claim requires a WIP to actually be claimed. This more or less lines up with the whole 'please submit a WIP with a claim' requirement that has been in place since July 1st.

The Audio / Radio Play part is on hold while we get through the deadline. I'll be working on some scripts in the next couple of weeks; I hope to have them all in place by the end of October (hopefully sooner).

If anyone has questions on any of this, let me know.

----

Last but not least, because of my absence and how close we are now, I've decided to extend the deadline by two weeks - check-in / updates are now required by October 15th.

That being said, I'll be checking in with you soon to see where WIPs are at - be warned! ;)

@TheChargingRhino 

Clipped Wings - Still getting my stuff together, but I'll go over what I've been sent and let you know.

Cornerian Hall of Fame - Once I touch base with the QA team, I'll be getting the final tracks a once-over from each for any production issues, then it's on to mastering. I don't think any further changes will be needed to the arrangement itself, but the QA review will be conclusive either way.

SCRAMBLE - As you and I discussed over Discord, taking the time has been my issue lately. Now that things are clearing up, I'll have more time for this. In addition to helping Jorito finish up with the Secret of Mana project, I have to get my stuff together for this project and touch base with everyone; there are a few loose ends I need to tie up for other folks, then I'll be onto SCRAMBLE - hopefully next week. I should have a new version for the deadline.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to Lylat System CLEAR: A Star Fox Tribute Album