Pumpkin Hill (Rap) from Sonic Adventure 2

I have some compliments and questions. First off, I love this song and the way you mixed it, much preferred to the original actually. Your voice as the lead is much more prominent and powerful than the original, and the chorus you added fits great. This song is a nice little treat for October, so thank you. As for the development of it, how did you get the original track without vocals, or is this just perfectly replicated? More importantly, at the end of almost every bar you double your vocals, or harmonize to emphasize the verse. I know this is common with this style of music, but I'd like to know if you just sing over yourself with the same note, or if it's harmonized. I don't have the ear to tell, but I really like it and would like to try it.

16 minutes ago, M_Blacki said:

I have some compliments and questions. First off, I love this song and the way you mixed it, much preferred to the original actually. Your voice as the lead is much more prominent and powerful than the original, and the chorus you added fits great. This song is a nice little treat for October, so thank you. As for the development of it, how did you get the original track without vocals, or is this just perfectly replicated? More importantly, at the end of almost every bar you double your vocals, or harmonize to emphasize the verse. I know this is common with this style of music, but I'd like to know if you just sing over yourself with the same note, or if it's harmonized. I don't have the ear to tell, but I really like it and would like to try it.

Thanks for the feedback!

Well the instrumental of the song was actually released but its only on YouTube. The YouTube version however is completely low quality so I had to do a lot of tweaking with the bass, mids, highs, and other enhancements to make the instrumental sound as high quality as possible. I use Studio One Pro to do that and also to record.

As for the harmonizing, I sing/record the low version first, and then I go back and play it, and sing/record the high version on another track over the low version. So essentially I am singing over myself when I do it the second time.

You know I was never a huge fan of this level as far as map layout and stuff like that but I always liked the song. I really liked what you did with it and really liked how you keep some of the original lyrics from the song. I am actually trying to make a trap version of Carnival Night zone from Sonic 3 but I am no good at rapping :x. Anyway, good job man! 

2 hours ago, DJ H0us3C0rP3 said:

You know I was never a huge fan of this level as far as map layout and stuff like that but I always liked the song. I really liked what you did with it and really liked how you keep some of the original lyrics from the song. I am actually trying to make a trap version of Carnival Night zone from Sonic 3 but I am no good at rapping :x. Anyway, good job man! 

Thanks DJ!