Chrono Trigger Main Theme remix (submit?)

The Vagrance

Should I submit this yet?  

726 members have voted

1. 1. Should I submit this yet?

Hmmm, def sweet. High production values. Did u use absynth for the pads? That's the only thing I've used that can create such rich sounding pads.

Here are some things I think that it could get knocked down for:

Takes too long for anything resembling the main melody to come in. Of course if the main melody came in earlier it could start to get repetative by the end.

Maybe the sound on the piano in the intro. It's a little dull. Fits with the mood though.

They might want more melodic content in there. Even though this isn't trance by any means, they might look at it that way.

I can't really vote yes/no bc I don't know how the judges would interpret this one. If they take it for a kick ass DnB song with lots of varied rythms and rythmic sounds then hell yeah give it a shot. If they look at as a trance song with a more melodic beat, then you might run into some trouble.

Unless any body else can come up with anything more I'd say submit this sucker. You've def improved all around since this summer. Congrats bro.

that piano in the intro is really bugging me. too muddy, and i think the first note it plays is too loud. if it was a bit quieter it would lead into the chord more smoothly and it wouldn't sound so bleechh.

notes at 2:11 still sound off. this song has a really dark sound and that note just makes it too happy sounding.

i think you might have went a little over the top with the pads too, especially around 3:27-3:42, they just cause a whole lot of unnecessary dissonance.

this has a lot of good qualities to it but there's little things that really bug me about it. it's probably personal preference (except the pads i think those are just too much), so it might have a good chance.

2Radical: I think its filled up enough, I'm pushing 0db

avaris: The pads were from BT's Twisted Textures ReFill, this was all done in Reason and I started this before I had Absynth. I doubt there'll be a misinterpretation for trance as this is pretty far off, the only real similarity is the snare roll. As far as melodic content, it seems like enough with the piano, strings, and "tha kicka bass" (I forgot I had named it that). Actually the majority of this remix was made in the summer, I've just made a few minor changes (mostly mastering as I'm seeing all the mistakes I made whenever I first did this, especially with EQing), but thanks for the compliment anyways.

Radiowar:

I altered the first note by cutting the velocity quite a bit, I see what you mean, it does add a little bit. I also turned down the pads just enough to not overpower anything. As for that note at 2:11, it seems just personal preference because I can't really hear what you're talking about.

Any other comments? If not at the very least I'll ship it over to zircon or Liontamer or bgc or something to have a listen.