ReMixer name - Mak Eightman
real name- Max V. Kravchenko
userid: 32137 

Submission Information:
 Title - "To The End"
 Name of game arranged - Splatterhouse 3

System: GENESIS

Name of individual song arranged - 3rd floor
 Link to the original soundtrack - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5zmP5nxCMk&index=22&list=PL57F7AA23DB19933F 

Hello!
I found this track at my HD. I remember, i posted it at wip forums and had mod reiew. Then it was totally forgoten.
Anyway. Made it back in 2012, somewhere between Hypnotica and Skull-Head. No changes to remix added.
My favorite theme from this game. Some good memories from childhood.. Blasting ugly/dead things all over the floor.. What a times)
Loved that game!
 P.S. I think I told this before, but... I still HATE that new remake of this game.

Thank you!
SFME!

Man, this is giving me all sorts of 'Neighburger' vibes. It's just got that cheezy vibe behind it. It's got a lot of great things going for it - the arrangement is slick, the performances are slick, the synths are great in a so-cheezy-it's-good sort of way and overall I'm feeling it.

There's one thing that this track really needs to work on in order to be posted, though - those production values. There just seems to be limiting errors and muddiness all over this track. This needs a rework in the mixing and production in order to work, as right now the production values falls below the standards of the site.

I love it, and I hope you send us an update that cleans up all of the messy production values so that we can take it and post it.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

Great intro, I like the combo of synths and real instruments. Main synth lead that plays for the first minute or so is a bit dull and could do with some EQ work to bring it out of the mix, and is probably my main problem with the piece. Guitars seem fine in level mostly and don't require work IMO, great playing and tone, especially the lead at the half way point. The drums work well and drive the arrangement forward well, carrying a nice thud with them. Intro was brief but decent. With regards to overall track clarity, there are some parts where things get a little cloudy - this is likely coming from the synths stepping on each other in the same frequency space.

I think the contrast of basic synths works well in this piece, but their mixing isn't quite right. I think this is very close though - if the lead could be brought out more (brightened), and the low-end toned back on some of the synths that don't need it, things should work out well. Until then,

NO (borderline)

• 1 month later...

Agree with my fellow judges above.  Great ideas here, but the production needs polishing.  Specially agree with Joel's comments here, some elements seem to be fighting for space here in the mids/low mids that could be eq'd better to get more clarity and a less muddy mix.  I'm a sucker for guitar + synth arrangements and I definitely dig the way you're using them here, but some of them feel pretty basic and barebones.  Not asking for overly complex sound design here, but something to bump it out of the basic/vanilla feel.  As Gario pointed out they have a somewhat cheesy quality that, in the context of the mix doesn't seem too bad but could definitely be improved for the betterment of the whole song.  Live performances were great, no issue with those at all.  I liked that guitar lead, great tone and execution.

Work on separating the different elements of your mix to achieve clarity and we may have a winner here, it's really not that far, but not quite there yet.  Extra work making your synths less vanilla would also be a great addition to the track.  For some reason this seems like a step back from your great Wild Guns remix on Badass 2, but because of that I know you can make this much better.  I hope you give this the bump it needs.

NO (resubmit)

• Sir_NutS changed the title to *NO* Splatterhouse 3 'To The End'
  • Sir_NutS locked this topic