Pokémon: The Missingno Tracks - History

The Damned

February 24th, 2011 Update:

--------------------------

All permission forms received and completed! All files are go! System launch in t-minus... some number of days, I can't remember exactly right now! BEGIN LAUNCHINGNESS!

andyjayne - Received

anosou - Received

Cerrax - Received

Chrono26 - Received

chthonic - Received

DragonAvenger - Received

Fishy - Received

GSlicer - Received

halc - Received

Jaroban - Received

Level99 - Received

Pixel - Received

prophetik - Received

ProtoDome - Received

pu_freak - Received

Rozovian - Received

The Orichalcon - Received

tweek - N/A, it's already posted

WillRock - Received

Without your officially worded consent-thingies, the album can not go through. It's part of the newer project guidelines OCR instated last year, but no one ever mentioned it until now. I was under the impression that since this project was grandfathered in as it was tarted well before the new guide was put on place, and from other directors in the same situation saying they never had to do so, we didn't need to do so. But that's OK, because we want everything to be nice and official, right?

October 7th, 2010 Update:

-------------------------

With a somewhat heavy heart, I have decided to cut the two remaining remixes, due to issues regarding both availability of the files as well as time constraints. This project, even when you factor in the first year where it was under completely different management, is going on towards its forth year. It's time to wrap it up. But you never know! Maybe those missing remixes will somehow show up later. Like as a bonus. Like a Mew or a Celebi. (That's a hint, by the way.)

Now, it's with great pleasure that I announce that The Missingno Tracks is now complete! You should be seeing the official unveiling of the album in the next few months. Why so long? There are other albums that get to be released first. It's only fair. Each album is the work of dozens of people over months or even years, so it's only fair each one get some limelight.

So, here we are. Two discs, over an hour and a half of music, with a total tracklist of 28 remixes. 28. And to think, there were points when I would have been happy with half of that, and I was expecting even less. I honestly didn't think this would ever happen. Six years ago, I joined OverClocked Remix, and the very first post I made was in Requests. I asked for, you guessed it, Pokémon remixes. I had a giant list of source material, I bumped it every so often... but sadly, it never went anywhere.

How things have changed! Not only has this project been completed, there are also several Pokémon remixes that have passed the high standards of OCR in the meantime. Six years later, and I finally have my first request granted multiple times!

To those that worked on this album, I thank you for your work, your skill, and most of all, your patience. I know it's been a long time, and there were some serious stretches of inactivity. There were even times when the project was about to collapse. But you stuck through it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

To those who have been waiting for this album, I also thank you for your patience. I know it's been forever, but at least we were done sooner than the original Pokémon games; Pokémon Red and Green in Japan took over six years to make! In comparison, we aren't that bad.

Ahh, I seem to be running out of space for this. I'll end it now, and let you enjoy everything as it comes out.

THANK YOU AGAIN!

All hail The Damned.

I've put a project sig request up in the sig shoppe with poinkos artwork to pimp the project.

I shall shortly be doing an update on my Gym Battle mix, get the solos done and then call my mate up about a live drum track :D.

I'm gonna e-mail jaroban and actually ask for what he wants me to play, cause I've been waiting for ages.

I'm gonna pick a new battle theme to remix... in pretty much the same way, lol. More of the same. But different obviously. Maybe with a much more mellow approach in places. Suggestions welcome.

Uh... what else. We should see if we can drag Taucer back into this. It's a shame he left in the first place, and as you say, it's not as if theres no plenty of time.

But yeah, hail the damned.

Since there were issues with this before, for whatever reason, I'll bring this up again.

If anyone is looking for a vocalist, I write and sing lyrics. Give me a melody and I can work with it.

If you want samples, check the sig, there's plenty to choose from. I'm open to trying different styles.

And yes, I will sing the Jigglypuff theme, if you ask it. :roll:

don't like being stuck in the WIPs forum. Just seems like projects like Pi's boss one etc are getting more page views. That project started in september and they've already doubled our page views. I guess their concept is somewhat of a catch but thats still ridiculous.

You bet your ass we are. But don't worry, we'll end up here sometime soon. A week's up, and thats all anyone has for General.

But, I would like to say, big thumbs up on the project altogether. While I haven't listened to any of your WIPs yet, I can say I expect good things. Too bad it doesn't stop everyone, including myself, from asking where all the pokemon mixes are in ReQuests.

The only things left to say are, you'd better pull off Gary's theme right, as we are now in direct competition, and if you see Cerrax, head him my way.

Hey... Long time no see... Just confirming I'm still in, and I'm having holidays next week, so I might start doing something. But last time I tried (which was couple months ago XD) I got no ideas at all, so if that happens again, I will either look for a collab or drop the project...

I might lack the time, but not the will.

Plz, any suggestions for piano-fitting source?

Maybe the Art Museum Theme from RSE. It's a sort of slower-paced song compared to the rest of the music, and is already a few minutes long, so filling it out shouldn't be a problem.

Also, for anyone that is having trouble deciding upon a song still, try the following links. You can listen to the original in-game music (the only problem is that they're MP3, so they will take a while to go through):

Fire Red and Leaf Green (mostly remakes of the original RBY music and some of the GSC music, but still a goof reference).

Original GB version for RBY, includes "voice" samples of the fist 151 pokes and the sound effects.

Gold and Silver A few redone songs, but mostly for Kanto. The rest has a strange mix of Eastern style music in it.

Ruby and Sapphire. There are a lot of songs here, and a few have been picked up already (see the first page).

I had a link to the new Emerald music, but I can't find it now. The music is for the Battle Frontier ection they added, and adds 16 songs to the total, just over three hundred songs.

Hey, yeah, Prophet actually got with me a few days ago on this, and asked me to once again look at the project.

I dont know which song exactly I'd want to mix, but I'm still looking. Just been very busy with classes and midterms and all that good stuff, so, yeah, I'm still with ya, it might just be awhile before I get anything concrete done.

ed]
don't like being stuck in the WIPs forum. Just seems like projects like Pi's boss one etc are getting more page views. That project started in september and they've already doubled our page views. I guess their concept is somewhat of a catch but thats still ridiculous.

You bet your ass we are. But don't worry, we'll end up here sometime soon. A week's up, and thats all anyone has for General.

But, I would like to say, big thumbs up on the project altogether. While I haven't listened to any of your WIPs yet, I can say I expect good things. Too bad it doesn't stop everyone, including myself, from asking where all the pokemon mixes are in ReQuests.

The only things left to say are, you'd better pull off Gary's theme right, as we are now in direct competition, and if you see Cerrax, head him my way.

Actually no one is doing Gary's theme, I took a look at it a while ago and decided not to. Pointlessly complicated. I'm considering another battle track atm so it's on the cards for myself, but we'll see.

Also sorry if i seemed contemptuous (so a word) towards your project, I think it's awesome and we thank you very much for your support of the project.

Also i was gonna say the same thing about Cerrax. Where is he?

I'm still here. I could use some final thoughts/notes on my WIP so I can mark it as finished. Can't garuntee that I can do another song. My schedule being what it is, I won't even volunteer to do one at this point, but a collaboration might work if someone has an idea and would like to hook up. Let me know.

We're still going strong here and I'm still very excited :).

All praise to The Damned.

I might be of some help. I'm currently also working on the Boss Project, but I still have some time on my hands. Don't know which tracks are left though, but if you need some help, I'm here.

nd don't worry, I won't be as lazy as the rest :wink:. I'll PM a song of me if you're interested.

there's an incredibly un-updated tracklist on the forums that you could check out. or, you could just pick a track and we'll tell you if its ok or not.

I just got a PM from Doulifée containing protoype pokemon project sigs and they look awesome. He's just gonna add some text and borders and then i'll post em up here for everyone involved to steal. There'll be 3 to choose from; the machamp, the ghastly and the graveller, all of which poinko drew and you can see at the forums. They will be very useful project pimpers so everyone thank Doulifée next time you post near him.

I've emailed Jaroban about the guitar work, and i'm really getting into the theme, should be fun to play for.

Finally I've narrowed down my 2nd mix to either the 1st Trainer battle theme from G/S or the wild pokémon theme also from G/S, although I am leaning towards the wild pokemon battle, it's got some good themes to mess with, but the trainer one has double the source material to work with and will be easier probably.

Any preferences or thoughts?