Aura Of The Dawn

Missing track from ocremix's youtube channel?

8 posts in this topic

Pulled out my old bookmarked maverick rising playlist from ocremix's youtube uploads. For whatever oddball reason, track 2-03 (String Chamellotron, by Brandon Strader) is missing ('removed video').

Is there some reason why this was removed? Certainly not legal ones since it's the official channel, near as I can tell. Figured I'd bring attention to it here, maybe get this fixed. I don't alway have my hard-copy available, the nice playlist makes it convenient to share with others. Would really appreciate whoever manages this channel fixing this.

There was a dispute between Brandon and OCR, which led to him requesting the removal of his solo tracks from OCR and the YouTube channel of the site.

It's a shame, but we honored his request. Sorry. For that particular song at least, I think it's still on the Maverick Rising album (that goes under a different contract, due to affecting all those involved, not just OCR), so you can still access it there. His other tracks you'll need to find using any other hosting method Brandon himself has (like his YouTube channel).

Sorry that it's a burden on you, but it's not going back up in the foreseeable future.

uh sorry for being late. but i found out on mr straders website that he redacted wanting to take off his solo works off the website (i was looking for one of his remixes from this site that deleted itself somehow from my laptop)

Leaving it up to the fans is the best possible course of action, in my opinion. I will leave my content available on OC ReMix for those who wish to still see it and enjoy it on that platform. I may not be happy, but if my music brings joys to others, I’ll live with it

so...now i'm curious

4 hours ago, Darksymphony777 said:

uh sorry for being late. but i found out on mr straders website that he redacted wanting to take off his solo works off the website (i was looking for one of his remixes from this site that deleted itself somehow from my laptop)

so...now i'm curious

That was just on his website. He later emailed on 9/27 saying he then did want to remove everything, so we did. If there's a track of his you want, check his site and social media links.

djpretzel likes this

nah i'm good you know these things since it's your job and i don't so your word is enough

it's sad considering he admitted he was in the wrong in another blog post and apologized. but banned is banned.

We offered a path forward, it was rejected, remix removal was requested by the artist, and given a long history of issues, we agreed it was for the best.

There's still a page for "Rebellion" by Strader, Chernabogue, and Detective Tuesday, and the download still works, but the YouTube link goes to a dead video.  Not sure what the deal is there, or if there's a way to handle that discrepancy more elegantly.