Missing Remixes?

chronomitch

I'm not sure if this is the correct place in the forum for a thread like this, but here goes.

A while ago I watched the NES Project 2003 AMV (http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=68139). It contains a number of excellent NES remixes. So later I got the idea to come to OCRemix to get the remixes contained in the video, but, much to my surprise, there were a number I could not find. Here a few examples. Unfortunately, I don't know the artists of some.

CV2K by McVaffe (supposedly a remix from Castlevania Adventure)

Castlevania Vampire Killer - Techno Gothic Remix (Castlevania I)

Sparkman OC Remix (Megaman 3 - that's all the info it gives, but none of the Sparkman remixes here match)

What happened to these remixes? They are all quite good, so I doubt they were rejected when submitted. Did they get lost in a hard drive crash, or were they part of the now defunct VGMix.com.

If you guys want, I can rip these remixes from the video and post them.

Thanks.

Pretty beefy file, so I'm not going to DL it. Repeating Bahamut with some more detail:

Read the info at the very top here: http://www.ocremix.org/info/ReMix_Changelog

Here's info on the removal of songs 1 (#48 in the linked section) and 3 (had been renamed by the artist to "Electric Mix" but was later removed)

Both mixes are available at OC ReMoved, but aren't a part of OC ReMix any longer.

"Vampire Killer - Techno Gothic Remix" doesn't sound like anything we've ever hosted based on the name. If I heard a clip of it, I or someone else could likely verify it.

Please note the "Ayrez" track was stolen, but was later given proper credit to Nines.

• 1 year later...
Thanks for the info guys. Unless I'm blind, though, I don't see that CV2K remix on the OCRemoved page you linked to.

Here's an mp3 of the Castlevania Vampire Killer Techno Gothic remix: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q0I6TMWN. I ripped it straight from the video.

That's one of the remixes featured in Symphony of the Night.

• 1 year later...

Hey, I remember downloading onto my old computer (now not available to me) a remix that mixed the hang-glider music from Pilotwings 64 with Dire Dire Docks from Mari 64, transitioning into Dire Dire Docks for the second half of the song.

It's not here anymore. Anyone know what happened to it/where I can get it again?

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Pulled out my old bookmarked maverick rising playlist from ocremix's youtube uploads. For whatever oddball reason, track 2-03 (String Chamellotron, by Brandon Strader) is missing ('removed video').

Is there some reason why this was removed? Certainly not legal ones since it's the official channel, near as I can tell. Figured I'd bring attention to it here, maybe get this fixed. I don't alway have my hard-copy available, the nice playlist makes it convenient to share with others. Would really appreciate whoever manages this channel fixing this.

There was a dispute between Brandon and OCR, which led to him requesting the removal of his solo tracks from OCR and the YouTube channel of the site.

It's a shame, but we honored his request. Sorry. For that particular song at least, I think it's still on the Maverick Rising album (that goes under a different contract, due to affecting all those involved, not just OCR), so you can still access it there. His other tracks you'll need to find using any other hosting method Brandon himself has (like his YouTube channel).

Sorry that it's a burden on you, but it's not going back up in the foreseeable future.

• 4 weeks later...

uh sorry for being late. but i found out on mr straders website that he redacted wanting to take off his solo works off the website (i was looking for one of his remixes from this site that deleted itself somehow from my laptop)

Leaving it up to the fans is the best possible course of action, in my opinion. I will leave my content available on OC ReMix for those who wish to still see it and enjoy it on that platform. I may not be happy, but if my music brings joys to others, I’ll live with it

so...now i'm curious

4 hours ago, Darksymphony777 said:

uh sorry for being late. but i found out on mr straders website that he redacted wanting to take off his solo works off the website (i was looking for one of his remixes from this site that deleted itself somehow from my laptop)

so...now i'm curious

That was just on his website. He later emailed on 9/27 saying he then did want to remove everything, so we did. If there's a track of his you want, check his site and social media links.