OCR03438 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Dance of the Kokiri"

Liontamer

Wow indeed. This violin-piano duo kept me mesmerized all the way through. Lots of interesting motives. The occasional augmented chords gives this a sweet otherworldly feel. And the ascending violin at 3:05 brings this piece to a perfect closure. I only wish the last pizzicato note was louder. But this is a minor gripe from a solid track. Not to be missed

Very nice, the partwriting sounds well-adapted/natural to the violin + piano, and I'm especially loving the amount of emotion oozing from Chris's violin. The interpretation of Lost Woods' melody is also quite interesting; though it kinda tends to turn away from the playing the highest note in the melody, or occasionally omits a significant note on purpose, it still works as an alternative melody on its own. Totally fresh!

this was pretty good! my one constructive critism would be that, at least to me, the way the violin was played didn't feel right. im no music professor, but the way the violin was being played so sharply in contrast to the soft piano was a bit distracting. but other than that, its a great orcistration! the piano and violin carried equal weight, and each got a spot in the limelight!