zelda OoT - song of time - triphop remix wip

Argle

In short, 'Yes'

Extended response, yes cos its awesome. I like the drums, VERY nice vox pad, I'm not big on the first synth that plays the melody. The flute sounds cool, the strings from later sound good too. I dont think the snare drum really fits too well with the first synth, but i really like that 2nd synth that comes in near the end. The string stabs are a nice touch too.

Though I dont think it could get on OCR (the arrangement while good, hasnt got alot of material to work with) I think its worth working on just for coolness's sake. Personally I really like the style, I'm keepin this WiP as is....

I agree with everything V said on it.

With this style, you'll def need to add tons lil harmonies and lil sounds all over the place. Also so OCR doesn't knock you for arrangement, you might wanna find another source tune to use for lil breakdowns and all that fun stuff.

Def continue to pursue this. Before you submit this go read the production thread sephire put up in the remixing forum. The whole thread is sweet, especially when Compy and blind have a really good argument on their about mastering and production techniques. Basically pick it apart and your mastering and production skills are gonna have a huge improvement.

Good luck dude.

Personally I really like the style, I'm keepin this WiP as is....

:lol: Just to clarify, which I'm not sure the OP did, this is about as barebones a sketch as it gets (well not really but you get what I'm saying). Not sure if I would even give this WIP status yet. The only thing that's fairly certain is the main section with the saw lead. The intro and middle sections are more like "filler" for now, I plan on adding a lot more. And of course it'll be longer.

So yeah, I'm mainly just curious to see if people find the vibe/idea interesting, or if I'm barking up the wrong tree with this one.