HAPPY HALLOWEEN! OC ReMix and YoshiBlade present Candy Corn!

Liontamer

cover.jpg

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! OC ReMix and YoshiBlade present Candy Corn!

October 31, 2016

FAIRFAX, VA...To celebrate Halloween, OC ReMixer YoshiBlade has released the community's latest album, Candy Corn. Candy Corn features six dark electronic tracks by YoshiBlade arranging music from several video games for Halloween, as well as three special guest skits, and is available for free download at http://ocremix.org/info/Candy_Corn.

This album was produced to help promote video game music, was made by fans, for fans, and is not affiliated with or endorsed by any of the publishers or developers of the original games; all original compositions are copyright their respective owners.

The album's selection of games interpreted for Halloween includes:

• Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  • Castlevania (N64)
  • Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Pokémon Red Version.

Alongside the music are several radio drama pieces written by YoshiBlade with voice acting by Vince "VinnyMac" Sparzak, OverClocked PodCast host Stephen Kelly, Abigail Endsley, and Joe "XPRTNovice" Zieja, who recently voiced Fox McCloud for Nintendo's animated short Star Fox Zero: The Battle Begins. "I am very, very proud of the teamwork that took place," YoshiBlade remarked. "I have several scripts/skits that I dream up daily and it really felt incredible to hear them come to life!"

With a mixture of drum & bass, mellow, and industrial elements together with fun audio clips, YoshiBlade structured Candy Corn as a dynamic, mysterious, and complete listening experience for Halloween. "This project is the progeny of those anthology-style movies and TV shows, a la Tales from the Crypt, Creepshow, Tales from the Darkside," he explained. "In that vein, every track I consider a story leading into the next one, with the radio-style dramas serving as the reset button, the point of mental collection, then starting a new section. I really hope you enjoy the project!"

Candy Corn marks the third Halloween album release for the OC ReMix community. Last year, OCR released the Castlevania-based album trilogy Vampire Variations, and Joshua Morse created the site's first solo artist album with his 2009 Castlevania tribute Sonata of the Damned.

About OverClocked ReMix

Founded in 1999, OverClocked ReMix is an organization dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of video game music as an art form. Its primary focus is ocremix.org, a website featuring thousands of free fan arrangements, information on game music and composers, resources for aspiring artists, and a thriving community of video game music fans.

###