MEETUP: Winnipeg, Manitoba

WesPip

...Look, I can dream.

Anyone in Winnipeg or within decent travelling distance interested in participating in a meetup?

Aurora used to live here.

That's gotta count for something.

Obviously, date's still wide-open. If you're at ALL interested, suggest any date you want. THE COMMITTEE will consider it.

And any 'peggers here, for the record, I'm in St James. Doesn't really affect anything though.

• 2 weeks later...

Clubs are gay.

Especially that one.

Yeah I wasn't being serious. I'm thinking the library.

LIBRARIES ARE FOR NERDS.

*erhem*

Shame that Magic Land [next to the U of W] isn't open anymore. That would've been damn-near ideal.

That wouldn't exactly be the safest area to be anyhow.

Clubs are gay.

Especially that one.

Yeah I wasn't being serious. I'm thinking the library.

LIBRARIES ARE FOR NERDS.

*erhem*

Shame that Magic Land [next to the U of W] isn't open anymore. That would've been damn-near ideal.

That wouldn't exactly be the safest area to be anyhow.

Eh, it's right next to the university, so as long as it was during the day, it'd be fine.

But it's all moot, since it's closed anyways.

And Polo Park hasn't even had that arcade for the past, like, 10 years.

So...any suggestions, anyone?

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, so I just made a new account since my old one got deleted.

Not the end of the world.

Anywho, I'm in the 'Peg, Fort Rouge area, UofM student. I've actually been in the business of running the "Winnipeg Smash ring", trying to get new people out for the Super Smash Bros Melee scene (since every other fighting game is pretty much already covered).

So, Wespip, Aurora "used to" live here, eh? :wink:

Is it just me... or is there something fishy about that?

I've also got a few friends down at the UofM who're OCR-ers too, and much more musically-inclined than I!

~Rex

Alright, so I just made a new account since my old one got deleted.

Not the end of the world.

Anywho, I'm in the 'Peg, Fort Rouge area, UofM student. I've actually been in the business of running the "Winnipeg Smash ring", trying to get new people out for the Super Smash Bros Melee scene (since every other fighting game is pretty much already covered).

So, Wespip, Aurora "used to" live here, eh? :wink:

Is it just me... or is there something fishy about that?

I've also got a few friends down at the UofM who're OCR-ers too, and much more musically-inclined than I!

~Rex

First off, thanks for the bump. I didn't wanna bump it more m'self for fear of beating a dead horse, but it seems there actually IS a bit of interest in it.

As for Aurora, she apparently got a job with CBC in Toronto, so she moved there. *shrug*

But yeah, so long as it's not HORRIBLY out of the way, I'm always up for some Smash [though considering how little I've played it in the past 2 years or so, I'd be HORRID compared to the days of olde].

So if you haven't already, mentioned to your other OCR'ers in the area about this thread. The more attention it gets, the more likely the meetup will happen and be successful.

Noice.

One of the reasons I started the thread.

Anyways, I've been talking with a few of the members who've posted here, and it seems more and more likely that the U of M-ish area will be a likely meetup place.

So, who's for and against this?

Personally, it's a pain in the ass for me to get there, but I've a friend who goes to the U that I could easily stay with for a day, so it lessens the annoyance factor.

For the record, For all of you who're 18+ [ie: pretty much everyone from what I've seen], I'd totally be willing to go to a bar with you guys post-meet-up. BAR, note. Not club. Clubs suck. Bars suck much less.

Anyways, that was a side note.

So, U of M-ish. Who's for and against?

For the record, For all of you who're 18+ [ie: pretty much everyone from what I've seen], I'd totally be willing to go to a bar with you guys post-meet-up. BAR, note. Not club. Clubs suck. Bars suck much less.

Anyways, that was a side note.

So, U of M-ish. Who's for and against?

Up for the U (easy to get to), not for the bar scene (hard to get out of before; now it's hard for me to get back in). I'll bring free CDs of my tunage as "tracts" for whoever shows up.

St. Vital represent...as well as Christ.

Oh which reminds me, if anybody wants to buy a copy of my debut album "Act 1" (http://www.djsbx.com/act1.html) for details.

I'll make up a few and bring em ^_^

YOOOOOOOOOOU! PUT CONTACT INFO ON YOUR WEBSITE! I- REX, HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR A WAY TO SAY THAT IN FACT YOUR MIXES ARE RAD, AND THAT MY INITIAL WORDS WERE FAR TOO HARSH!

Seriously you guys, don't know why he hasn't got like, 5 mixes up here.

Anyways, so I don't yet know when UMGA or any of the other groups are meeting, if at all these holidays (if that's what you're aiming for), but we could always just meet whereever. Either IQ's or Degree's (3rd floor University Center) are neat places just to chill, etc. Note that UofM isn't the only place available, I'm sure. YES, I go there. NO, I don't like the bus ride (Fort Rouge)

Good to see more activity here!

~Rex

Also: for bars, The Kingshead is downtown, pretty central, and has EXCELLENT music sunday nights. a good bet.