Ocarina of Time Title Theme ReMix

So, first, let me start off by introducing myself... Hiya! My name is Garrett. I'm an aspiring musician. I don't have any equipment... But no matter, that's not stopping me from pulling out awesome remixes. (Though I'm not sure if they're OCR worthy). BUT! I'm working on a ReMix of Ocarina of Time's Title Theme. Yes, overdone. I know. But I thought I'd give it a shot. I want some advice, any advice or criticism. I'll take it. Most importantly, I really want advice on instrumentation with this one. I just wanna make sure I really nail this one on the head. So, tell me what you think of it, at least what I have done. And I'll consider the advice whilst making it. (I'm not nearly done, don't worry, this is just a very early build.)

New link. This is what it's turning into. Any advice?

Edited by Ridiculously Garrett
Updating Soundcloud Link

I'm not sure what you mean by you not having any equipment. If you have software to make music, then that's all that's really needed. Unless you plan on doing some audio recordings live or something. I like the beginning with what sounds like a filtered clap. The the kick has a nice pumping sound and I like the subtle sounds behind it. I'm not really good when it comes to EQing, compression, and whatnot, so I'll leave that to anyone who knows that stuff. My problem is that the piano is really repetitive. I can hear where the chord progressions are from, but it doesn't go anywhere else like it does in the original. I don't know if you went with your ear and tried to find certain sections, but I wouldn't be against finding sheet music or MIDI even and altering it to your liking.

Oh yeah lol. I've already done a lot of work on that piano. I switched it up a bit, added in the melody, some bass layering, and segways into a breakdown. I was thinking about adding another chord progression from the typical Fmaj7 Cmaj7, but it needs to be something that doesn't screw up the mood.