prophetik music

Chrono Cross Remix Project - new songs available! still looking for a few mixers

116 posts in this topic

@Ophanin was claimed Frozen Flame with a fantastic orchestral demo!

Hello I would like to do  "Between Life and Death" (死線)  please ^^ 

@Ophanin dished me a pretty much finished track already for Frozen Flame, and it's a real standout. can't wait to hear if he picks up the challenge i gave him in our PM conversation for a second track on one of three difficult songs.

we're progressing well!

avaris likes this

i neglected to post that @Tuberz McGee and i are doing a powermetal arrangement of Scars of Time. no one'd picked it up and there's no chance i'm ignoring that one. basically, i rewrote it while thinking "what would dragonforce do?" the entire time, and the result was exactly what you'd expect. the arrangement's done and tuberz has the stems, so hopefully we'll have an update soon.

also, with posting that, we are officially at 20 tracks claimed with a wip! i haven't heard from one or two people in some time so they may not make it, but we do currently have eight tracks done and four more that are either nearly done or just waiting on a collaborator to finish up, so we're in a great place for being not quite seven months in. i've updated the project title accordingly. i have also updated the first post with new guidelines for how to reserve a track, since now we're looking at track lengths and not going over for each disc's overall time.

Neemux and avaris like this

@Ophanin dished me TWO more wips, one for Grief (!!!!!!!!) and one for Prisoners of Fate! i cannot believe what he managed to do with 20 seconds of mitsuda noodling with a vox soundfont, it's a real standout. additionally, @Peíorele gave me some great news re: her track for Island of the Earth Dragon, and i'm excited to hear what she's got going on there.

additionally, as of today, Dead Sea is available again. @Kat has been MIA for about five months and unfortunately that's just too long for me to keep the track saved. i'd be happy to use kat's wip again if they become available again but i need contact occasionally so i know what's up.

avaris likes this

didn't realize it's been almost a month! anyways, here's the deal - i'm finally going to institute a deadline for the next wip! three weeks from tomorrow, august 2. i need something that's more developed and well on its way towards being a real track by then.

i'll send PMs so everyone knows.

evktalo likes this

prisoners of fate is basically done, just waiting on a wave file from @Ophanin =)

and we're at 11 tracks finished! continuing to move along.

Ophanin and evktalo like this

gonna be following up with people on the WiP date, as i didn't get a whole lot of updated stuff over the last week.

we've had two people drop out due to various issues, so garden of god, island of the earth dragon, the termina tunes, and life - a distant promise are all now available.

we did get one new mixer thanks to @Hylian Lemon taking one of the victory tunes! =D

a distant promise is now taking by myself and a few collaborators. hoping to do a metal/orchestral take on it, a la nightwish or epica.

additionally, a friend of mine approached me about realizing some ideas he had for death volcano, so that one's gone too.

On 8/8/2017 at 9:03 PM, prophetik music said:

a distant promise is now taking by myself and a few collaborators. hoping to do a metal/orchestral take on it, a la nightwish or epica.

i'm including garden of gods in this, since i used the melody of that to make this less like radical dreamers =) it's not really nightwishy as i had expected but it indeed includes rockin' guitars and an operatic singer, so there's that!