Updated artist profile pages are now live

djpretzel

e.g. http://ocremix.org/artist/4628/zircon

• Uses Bootstrap 3
  • More visual layout
  • YouTube playlists!
  • Emphasis on artist links is front and center, including support links for patreon, oc records, etc.
  • Definitely a work-in-progress, but since it was better than what we HAD, we're going live now and will iterate
  • Other pages will be updated to kinda-sorta match, as time allows
  • This pushes us further towards an overall site redesign by getting pages laid out in Bootstrap, semi-responsive, etc. in a piecemeal fashion
  • Feedback welcome

Nice. Enjoying how albums and artist links are now organized. Here's some feedback:

-On the YouTube playlists, the track played could be highlighted with a light gray.

-If an artist has worked in more than 6 albums, they won't all show up. Maybe add a slider button on each side?

-There are many straight rectangle shapes. Slightly rounds in the upper corners of the tabs could add more variety and ease the eyes.

-For the Albums icon I suggest it is the same as the OverClocked Records one, sans headphones. It might look more consistent with the Games/Remixes icons.

-By clicking in the white field of each playlist track, make it stream from YouTube instead of jumping to the ReMix page. Wonder if this would take way too much work, though.

Hope this helps.

4 hours ago, Odai said:

Would there be any chance of having pages for visual artists who've contributed to OCRA projects?

y'know... just askin' :< 

@Odai Yes. ACTUALLY, we just ALSO added expanded role attribution (director, assistant director, performer, lyrics, AND... artwork) to album pages: http://ocremix.org/album/48/be-aggressive-a-gunstar-heroes-tribute-album

We still have to add artist profiles for those talented individuals who have contributed artwork to OCR projects, but you'll have them, and you'll be credited on album detail pages as well once those links can be established.

@Txai Good suggestions; will implement some of them, not all, but the immediate priority is more updating other pages (game, organization, system, remix) to match this aesthetic a bit more, and get the main site navigation responsive.

1 minute ago, TheChargingRhino said:

...I'm not listed under artists. Do you have to have a track on the site to be listed?

Also Hans Zimmer is on here?!

Has he done anything? Like track wise?

You have to have contributed an OC ReMix or been the original composer of a game in the database to be listed under Artists. We'll also be adding in musicians and visual artists who don't have posted ReMixes but have contributed to OC ReMix community albums.

Just now, Liontamer said:

You have to have contributed an OC ReMix or been the original composer of a game in the database to be listed under Artists. We'll also be adding in musicians and visual artists who don't have posted ReMixes but have contributed to OC ReMix community albums.

Okay, thanks. I'll be in the latter for now. 

4 hours ago, djpretzel said:

Yes. ACTUALLY, we just ALSO added expanded role attribution (director, assistant director, performer, lyrics, AND... artwork) to album pages.

Very cool, and...

4 hours ago, djpretzel said:

We still have to add artist profiles for those talented individuals who have contributed artwork to OCR projects, but you'll have them, and you'll be credited on album detail pages as well once those links can be established.

as I understand is the case with everything in life: one thing at a time. Keep up the good work, and cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

I feel it was easier to grok the amount of music a ReMixer had made for OCR on the previous artist page. I hope the numbers of ReMixes and albums projects participated in could be added to the album and ReMix widget titles. I also liked the full list of album projects on the artist page previously. Perhaps the album/ReMix titles could also say "Latest albums" and "Latest ReMixes" if the full list doesn't fit to the page, and the headers could act as links to the full album list / full ReMix list pages. I guess the same goes for the album and ReMix widgets for the organization main pages.

Since at least my page has a lot of empty space below the album widget, it makes me think perhaps there could be some info about the artist's tracks on the album in that space.

Nice update though! I especially like the playlist, and it's nice to have the social media links and stuff up front and prominent. I like the tabbed approach as well.

• DarkeSword featured and unpinned this topic
On 12/4/2016 at 3:45 PM, evktalo said:

I feel it was easier to grok the amount of music a ReMixer had made for OCR on the previous artist page. I hope the numbers of ReMixes and albums projects participated in could be added to the album and ReMix widget titles. I also liked the full list of album projects on the artist page previously. Perhaps the album/ReMix titles could also say "Latest albums" and "Latest ReMixes" if the full list doesn't fit to the page, and the headers could act as links to the full album list / full ReMix list pages. I guess the same goes for the album and ReMix widgets for the organization main pages.

Since at least my page has a lot of empty space below the album widget, it makes me think perhaps there could be some info about the artist's tracks on the album in that space.

Nice update though! I especially like the playlist, and it's nice to have the social media links and stuff up front and prominent. I like the tabbed approach as well.

@evktalo All good points, appreciate the feedback! Right now the goal is to update all the OTHER pages to match, so the site is a bit less of a chimera, THEN update the overall design a bit, THEN go back and tweak every last bit to perfection (or something much closer!) - these suggestions kinda fall in the last phase, but I'll see what I can do!