Castlevania III Demon Seed Remix

I remixed Demon Seed using an MPC and some synths. I added in some nice 808s with a drum pattern for the main loop that sounds like its straight out of 92.  I laid down some nice story telling over this one. I made it just in time for Halloween. Sorry I didn't around to posting it till Mid November! I think you'll get a laugh and have a good time with this one.

Skinny-dipping in the nude, isn't that a bit, er, redundant? Just sayin', is all.

I'm not sure if I'm pulling much of the Demon Seed source out of this track, but the composition is pretty neat regardless. The lyrics are pretty funny, and the mix overall works pretty well. The drums are pretty repetitive, but in some ways it kind of comes with the territory of the genre. You could've used a little more variety in the drum set regardless.

I like it, though; I'm glad you dropped some Albuquerque beats on us over here. Fellow New Mexicans gotta represent, and all that jazz (got my music education from UNM, and all - go lobos). ;)

EDIT: Is this the remix you intended on posting? THAT one is easy to pull the Castlevania 3 source from. I may do a little thread breaking and merging, if that's the case.

• 4 months later...

Yes! The link you posted is definitely the remix! Thanks a lot for getting back to me, I totally thought this post had been forgotten about. That's awesome that you got a music degree from UNM, I wound up majoring in psychology and am currently employed as a counselor, however, I started at UNM as a Jazz studies major and took some piano lessons from Stu McCaskie at the time. Glad you got some enjoyment out of the track despite the drums lol. If you get a chance to merge the posts use the correct link, that would be awesome! Keep that Burque music alive!

Hey @The Sexual Intellectual - Just dropping in to say that I really enjoyed listening to this. Or, rather, this, the Devil's Son-In-Law. :) The lyrics were very entertaining to me - especially the last verse and chorus - but what struck me was the delivery. I thought the timing was fantastic and I love all the expression I hear throughout the track, great storytelling!

BTW, you seem to have an 'internal server error' in your last post...

• 1 month later...