Ruins - Undertale

Aquadango

Just now, HankTheSpankTankJankerson said:

Welcome to the site!

Out of curiosity, what do you think defines your style?  In other words, what about this rendition of Ruins would you say is your biggest change from the original?

Hello!

So when I wanted to rearrange this song in particular I wanted to put a more better emphasis on the piano throughout the song. So I made sure that the piano was either playing the melody or helping with the chords. I also made some spaces from the original more clear for example with the synth solo. Most of the lengths cut off one eight beat early.

Haha, this literally sounds like the traditional meaning of a "remix" - the sounds from the source are separated into it's component parts, and the tracks are... well, 're-mixed' to bring other elements out differently than the original. It does exactly what you say it does, Aquadango - brings the piano part out and gives more space to the synths.

It's funny that OCR has the word 'ReMix' in its title, but it actually technically means 'rearrange' and/or 'recompose', in terms of the site's normal usage. But I think you did exactly what you set out to do, so nice work on that.

Also, welcome to OverClocked ReMix - do check out what we have to offer, and do hang around and see what you can learn on here. The more people listening and sharing things on site, the merrier. ;)

Just now, Gario said:

Haha, this literally sounds like the traditional meaning of a "remix" - the sounds from the source are separated into it's component parts, and the tracks are... well, 're-mixed' to bring other elements out differently than the original. It does exactly what you say it does, Aquadango - brings the piano part out and gives more space to the synths.

It's funny that OCR has the word 'ReMix' in its title, but it actually technically means 'rearrange' and/or 'recompose', in terms of the site's normal usage. But I think you did exactly what you set out to do, so nice work on that.

Also, welcome to OverClocked ReMix - do check out what we have to offer, and do hang around and see what you can learn on here. The more people listening and sharing things on site, the merrier. ;)

Thanks I'll be sure to do that.