OCR03456 - Terranigma "Home"

Liontamer

Sounds great! Coincidentally I'm also working on a remix of this very same track (a vocal one), so I am intimately familiar with this track. I think RoeTaKa got more or less the same vibe that I got from this track and I am probably gonna steal some production ideas from him :)

Really good to chill to, nice and dreamy. I dig it.

I loved Terranigma (thank God for emulators) and I just want to say this mix is definitely breathtaking, as it was described.  I've been listening non stop since yesterday.  The warmth and purity of the violin when it first comes in gives me chills.  PLEASE make an entire Terranigma album.  I know it's such a quick loop but the Song 'Resurrection' that plays after you complete each continent is one of my all-time favorite video game tunes.  I'd love to hear your take on that piece.

Congratulations - I love hearing stories about remixes being a labor of love, and then listening to the remix and having it live up to everything and then some. All the respect and passion for the source come through perfectly, and the mix is downright beautiful to listen to. The mix is so well-balanced that I wasn't even ready for the ending; I thought I had at least another couple minutes to enjoy! Beautiful!

As a side note, you've inspired me to go check out this game. Just another side benefit...

Again, congratulations!

Great remix of this amazing song! I, like so many others, have discovered this game back in the day, with the magic of emulators :P One of the very best SNES games, it is incredible to think this was never sold in the US and Canada...!! :o

I've always loved this track and ALWAYS thought it felt SO much like an Earthbound song!!! Anyone also gets this impression when they hear it?? It feels like a "Mom I'm hooome" song

Hmm, I vaguely remember that game. The beginning was so slow and monotonous that I kind of hung it up after the Tree dungeon.
I'll probably go watch a playthrough of it.

Eh the label "country"? Well... It's closer to "Slow Rock" than country, but I can see how the confusion may arise.
Country is basically a "leech" genere anymore. If only 1% is Country it seems to count.

• 5 weeks later...

I only ever played the first hour or so of this game but dang that starting village theme is so good and really gets stuck in your head. Same goes for that sweet overworld (underworld?) theme too.

The conservative arrangement in the first half works just fine I think. It's important to establish the melodies a couple times before venturing out into the creative wild in the second half.

The key change from the original (C# instead of the original A), as well the as the background water ambiance, breathes new life into this track. The warm, sunny feeling you get from the original is also amplified by the violin and acoustic guitar. Beautiful stuff.

• 1 year later...

I remember playing through Terranigma on an emulator not too long ago. After finishing it, I was devastated to find how few people knew about the game (and thereby, made remixes from it.) This mix, and the others on OCR, help me to treasure the memories of running around the world as a spiky haired punk, creating history and breaking the balance of light and darkness. Well done and thank you for this creation.