OCR03461 - Silent Hill 2 "Crowded Minds and Lonely Roads"

Liontamer

Interesting. I actually quite like the dnb backing on this track, and the drop and energetic dubs hitting didn't bother me. It is pretty sweet to hear a Silent Hill track taken in a different direction like this and really given a rearrangement that has a good beat with solid production. The best part is nothing soundwise was overbearing or too loud, which is awesome for mixes like this that have electronic elements. Not bad at all, I like this one.

I'm going to back Crulex here - I think the overarching element that I find I really like is how the remixer is able to interweave a quieter, darker dnb in with the melodic elements - 2:20-2:40 really stand out for me as a great example. I iimagine that, for some people who like dark ambience, dnb/dubstep is not what they want, and for some who like a harder dubstep, melodic overlay is just distracting. But I want the remixer to know that this works - it's a really good, unique interpretation of the tune, and I found myself hitting repeat a couple of times on it just to hear its interesting interweaving of the styles. Give this a spin - it's a unique take with great execution!