Secret of Mana: Resonance of the Pure Land - History

Bahamut

Glad to be on board! @Jorito wasn't kidding when he said we're eager - the Secret of Mana and I go WAY back and the OST remains one of my favorites to listen to today. I am excited to help make this dream a reality, and I'm looking forward to working with @HankTheSpankTankJankerson under Jorito's watchful eye to make it happen!

Let the resonance begin... :)

So time for some updates... Unfortunately Hakstock had to drop his claim, but we've got a new remixer on board as well. Please welcome StarPhoenix, who claimed Mystic Invasion. Also we got check-ins from a few people and a pretty complete WIP from Sbeast and reportedly Chernabogue's WIP should be reaching us soon. So all good stuff and I'm excited about how it's going :)

Didn't get the chance to say it sooner, but I'm excited to be on board the project! Thanks to the trio of directors for taking me on and looking forward to hearing all of the awesome tracks once this project comes to fruition. The Secret of Mana soundtrack is one of the all time bests, and these songs deserve the spotlight.

• 3 weeks later...

First of all, best wishes for 2017! Let's use this year to give Secret of Mana the tribute it deserves! And yes, this is also your reminder to send in your WIPs for the January 15 deadline :)

Of course we haven't been idle in the past weeks. We were able to reach out to the majority of the people that claimed a track (way) earlier, and quite a few people confirmed their claim (if you haven't yet and are reading this, please let us know you're still on board). We also got our hands on a good amount of WIPs and finished tracks, and we were able to resurrect some people from their OCR hiatus, so good stuff is happening there. Hope to see some more of that good stuff in 2 weeks. Good luck!

So, the first deadline has passed. Because of the change of management we already considered this first deadline mostly as a kickstarter without too high expectations. We got just a handful of WIP updates and a few messages from people that they could only make the next deadline on such short notice. On the good side, we managed to confirm the claims of nearly everybody who claimed before. What's also great is the WIPs and finished tracks we've got our hands on so far; there's some cool stuff on the album already and it can only get better!

Anyway, the second deadline is for real, no more 'getting started' kickstarters. So here's your reminder for the next deadline for March 5th; we expect to see something from @ergosonic, @Hylian Lemon, @zykO, @Rexy, @halc, @audio fidelity, @Harmony, @djpretzel, @RebeccaETripp, @Sagnewshreds, @jnWake, @PabloComa, @pu_freak, @Chernabogue, @Jorito, @Darangen, @Sbeast, @Fishy, @dannthr, @Starphoenix, @Guifrog.

Godspeed.

Whaddayaknow, djpretzel just sent me a sketch of his and Harmony's collab of "What the Forest Taught Me", sweet :)

Also, we have private forums for the album, where you can listen to WIPs the other album remixers posted (I just posted mine) and give feedback. Anyone who confirmed their claim or sent in a WIP/finished track has access to it, so come and share! You can find it in the Private Project Subforums in the Projects forums here on OCR.

• 2 weeks later...

High time for some updates! First, let's welcome our co director @HankTheSpankTankJankerson, of @LongBoxofChocolate fame to the roster of remixers. He claimed "I won't forget" and I'm already excited to hear what he can do with it.

Another update is that sadly we had to release some very old claims from years ago. On a positive note, this opens up a few very great and popular tracks, yours for the taking. If you were on the fence, there's probably something interesting for you in the list of unclaimed tracks, so don't procrastinate and start claiming!

Lastly this is of course an excellent opportunity to remind you all of the upcoming deadline, in a bit less than 3 weeks (March 5th). We hope to see some great progress in your WIPs and personally I'm especially interested in the first WIPs of @Rexy, @audio fidelity, @Sagnewshreds, @jnWake, @pu_freak, @JonnyAtma, @Fishy, @dannthr, @evktalo and @Kylok to see what they come up with.

Good luck!

Oh, I totally forgot about that one. I have to admit I have the Robots vs Knights compo on my plate and I'm working on a WIP for the Chrono Cross album, but I really couldn't pass up a game which also literally changed my life. At least I'd like to :P
I think about "Into the Thick of It" or "Dark Star", but I need to see, what my mind comes up with

On 2/13/2017 at 3:03 PM, Starphoenix said:

Someone needs to claim "Into the Thick of It". We absolutely cannot release a SoM album and NOT have that song on there. lol

Thinking about picking up a second track, but I'm torn on "Secret of the Arid Sands" or "Still of the Night."

wait wtf that *hasn't* been taken?

Hi my name is Thirdkoopa and I'm so in for Into The Thick Of It

• Liontamer changed the title to Secret of Mana: Resonance of the Pure Land - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic