"Extinction Party" - Lemmings

DarkEco

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for getting to this one so late, holidays and all!

mod review (2017 1st edition)

Nice work with this one! Given that the source material here is so minimal (it's really only one melody line and then a bit of a latin rhythm motif), I think that you've done a really good job at keeping things varied and playing with the source material! You've used a ton of different sounds here to keep things interesting, and the mixture of synths with electric guitar is always a great package deal in my opinion. Awesome guitar performance here!

Interesting that you don't really introduce the "main" melody until about half way through at 2:47 in the guitar. Not a deal breaker for me as I can hear how you've kind of used bits and pieces of it through the piece along with a ton of original ideas. This track seems to be ever unfolding which I find a lot of remixes in this style have trouble accomplishing, so great work on that. Nice build to the finish line, and a very smart choice to bring the melody back in as it really ties it all together!

Overall great arrangement here! You've done an amazing job of keeping things interesting with so little to work with. I feel that it's maybe a bit loud for my taste, though it's definitely a kind of "in your face" remix. You remedy this with a couple of nice break down sections however. I particularly like the one at 2:04, but even it is pretty frontal and loud. Hard to say without seeing a wave form on this one, but it might be something to look into as my ears were pretty taxed after a few listens. I'd say this one is ready for the panel!

[This is an automatically generated message]

I've reviewed your remix and have set it to Completed status, indicating that I think your remix is ready to be submitted to the Judges Panel. Congratulations!

If you feel like you still need to work on your track and want more feedback, you can change the prefix back to Work-in-Progress and we'll go through the review process again.

If you decide to submit your track, please change the prefix to Submitted after sending your email. Thank you!