PRC338 - The 13th Anniversary (Free Round)

Bundeslang

Source selection  

16 members have voted

1. 1. The winner of a round should?

• Pick the source for the next round
    • Pick the source for the round after that (so there's more space to prepare rounds, allowing more flexible deadlines)
  2. 2. Should the winner be allowed to enter the round with a source he / she selected?

• Yes
    • No, only allow the winner to submit a bonus mix

Because ThaSauce changed everything from 2016 to 2018 voting stage was ended before the remixing stage was ended. I wasn't able to edit it correctly since it resetted the start date from this contest to 2018 as well, as a result it looks like the contest started at January 1st 2017 now. I don't know if anyone had issues to upload the song as a result of this. For this reason (and to give myself more time to do the administration of this and the next round) I set the deadline to tomorrow instead of today. Voting will be longer as usual (ending January 9th). PRC339 starts when this round ends. Voting can be done @ThaSauce or by sending me a PM. Details follow later.

I was able to download the songs by Dewey Newt and MrHassanSan so they are in for this round as well.

EDIT: Added them both to ThaSauce as well.

9 hours ago, Bundeslang said:

Because ThaSauce changed everything from 2016 to 2018 voting stage was ended before the remixing stage was ended. I wasn't able to edit it correctly since it resetted the start date from this contest to 2018 as well, as a result it looks like the contest started at January 1st 2017 now. I don't know if anyone had issues to upload the song as a result of this. For this reason (and to give myself more time to do the administration of this and the next round) I set the deadline to tomorrow instead of today. Voting will be longer as usual (ending January 9th). PRC339 starts when this round ends. Voting can be done @ThaSauce or by sending me a PM. Details follow later.

I was able to download the songs by Dewey Newt and MrHassanSan so they are in for this round as well.

EDIT: Added them both to ThaSauce as well.

Didn't have an issue, but that is a messed up glitch lol.  Must be a LOT of code at that website, I'd imagine it's like a complex machine, where lots of pieces can break >.< 

27 minutes ago, Esperado said:

Subbed! Another year full of great rounds. Heres to more PRC in 2017! :wub:

Submitted mine as well. I also started the PRC339 ThaSauce Page, which will be visible one hour after voting starts (HoboKa can see it already with his admin powers from MnP, but since he picked the source himself it doesn't give him an advantage:nicework:). The OC Remix Thread follows ASAP when voting starts (I already wrote it, only need to copy paste it). 

EDIT: Reuploaded my song to fix some volume issues.

Welcome to the voting stage 

The mixing stage is over. This round has 9 songs. The following people compete against each other    

Zorrakh

Evktalo

Hoboka

Supercoolmike

Dewey Newt

MrHassanSan

PlanarianHugger

Esperado

Bundeslang

(if you want a different color, let me know by replying or sending me a PM). I won’t use the pictures anymore since I have issues by getting them at this page).

To vote, do the following:

·       Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries.

·       Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen or click PM.

·       Fill in the entries from first to third in the ThaSauce form or fill in your top 3.

·       State a reasoning for it.

·       Participants are encouraged to vote and leave feedback. However, they may not vote for themselve, they get a free first place if they vote, so it is attractive to vote. Non participants are encouraged to vote to decide the winner and leave comments.

·       Always look in this thread to find out who's the winner of the round after the voting stage instead of only looking at ThaSauce for the results. Especially since some people might vote by sending me a PM.

You have until THIS Monday, January 16th 10:59 AM ThaSauce time (18:00 UTC, 19:00 GMT) to vote.

If you vote by PM make sure that your top 3 is clear. I prefer something like this:

(To)

Bundeslang (if you follow the link you won’t have to add my name).

(Subject)

PRC 338 Vote

(Message):

1: (remixer A )

2: (remixer B )

3: (remixer C )

(reasoning)

I will post the feedback given in the PM’s and the votes in this thread. The winner may choose the source tune for PRC340. PRC339 will start in a couple of minutes.

Check the ThaSauce Page to vote or click here to send a PM.

All the participants have voted. Non-participants are encouraged to vote as well, they can also do that by sending a PM to me instead of voting via ThaSauce. There will be no winner by default (or something close to that) and all songs have at least 4 points.

I've added the descriptions of Dewey Newt and MrHassanSan to my vote and added the scores manually.

Probably I'll be a couple of hours later as the deadline to announce the results.

Results Time

The results are as follows:

Number of participants: 

Number of votes:  9

Minimum score: 3

Maximum score: 27

All participants have voted, meaning that they all got the 3 points bonus.

PRC338%20Voting%20Graph.png?attredirects

Hoboka and Bundeslang know how to organise a compo, but their remixing skills are not enough to avoid the last place wooden spoon with 4 points.

Both Dewey Newt and PlanarianHugger got a first place vote, but that's all they got. They end at sixth place with 6 points.

Supercoolmike collected seven points, which is a fifth place.

Evktalo got nine points, which is enough for the fourth place.

MrHassanSan gathered 14 points which was only two points less as the winner, he starts with a nice third place.

Esperado gets a second place with 15 points.

And the winner of PRC338 is Zorrakh with 16 points!!

Zorrakh, you did a great job, you won this round. You may select the source for PRC340. Send the source to me (with a MID/MP3 file, otherwise send a second source with a MID file) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix). Send your source as fast as you can, but before this Monday (16 January), 10:59 AM ThaSauce time (18:00 UTC, 19:00 GMT).

You may select any source for any game, but not a source with an OverClocked remix or a source which has been used in PRC before. An overview of the past PRC's can be found in the following links:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

PRC339 already started, deadline is wednesday:

Check the ThaSauce Page for the results and votes.

1 hour ago, Bundeslang said:

The winner is Zorrakh, Esperado 2nd and MrHassanSan 3rd.

Evktalo is 4th, Supercoolmike 5th, PlanarianHugger and Dewey Newt 6th. HoboKa and Bundeslang share the last place wooden spoon.

Full results follow tomorrow.

Zorrakh, PM me the source for PRC340 before this monday.

Looks like the deplorables get the last slot in the scoring eh?  Such is our lot in life Bundeslang T_T mew hew.  Anyhoo, congrats on winning Zorrakh - great round and great participation all...a-round!

2 hours ago, Esperado said:

Zorrakh, and anyone else really, heres the site for tremodraw. Its got loads of good freebies! 

http://boscomac.free.fr/

Pretty dang good freebies.  Reccomended!  Too bad I can't really get the full experience out of them since I lack a modwheel/midikeyboard (or more accurately the SPACE for the latter) T_T 

10 hours ago, Esperado said:

You daw doesnt have a mod automation section? 

It does but its kinda primitive - and for some reason works better with the FL-made DAWs than 3rd party things like Native Instruments - like they don't "pitch bend" properly without a modwheel it seems.  I'll have to do some more research when I've got time I guess - I refuse to switch DAWs though lol.