Rainbow Tripper (Super Mario Kart Sample Rap)

Cole Train

12 hours ago, Smooth4lyfe1987 said:

You flow is nice but you need a better beat man, beat needs kick drums and other instruments to make it more alive

The beat was made like that on purpose, since it was an open collab thing primarily for producers. I just decided to hop on it since I really liked the beat, lol.

I lowkey do kinda like beats with limited drum work though. Lets a rapper's voice shine more than the beat imo.
But thanks fam. 

This was entertaining. Interesting mental image - something between Mario Kart and How High. LOL

I get why you liked the soundscape, but I'm with S4L on this. You have such definition and clarity with the rap compared to the rest of the soundscape that the background and beats seem more muffled than they should, IMO. Some clearer kick and snare or at least a bit more boominess with the percussion you have here would really help the soundscape back up the 'power' of the rap.

I like your idea of letting the voice shine through - but I don't think a little definition to the background is going to steal the spotlight. :)

On 12/20/2016 at 2:43 PM, The Nikanoru said:

This was entertaining. Interesting mental image - something between Mario Kart and How High. LOL

I get why you liked the soundscape, but I'm with S4L on this. You have such definition and clarity with the rap compared to the rest of the soundscape that the background and beats seem more muffled than they should, IMO. Some clearer kick and snare or at least a bit more boominess with the percussion you have here would really help the soundscape back up the 'power' of the rap.

I like your idea of letting the voice shine through - but I don't think a little definition to the background is going to steal the spotlight. :)

Yeah, I get you. 

I noticed it sounded kinda muffled, but in a weird way I like it, seems like it fits that mental image. Lol.