What Games Do You Want Over the Course of Next Year?

TheChargingRhino

Yooka-Laylee is confirmed for Switch though, they're working really closely to make sure it still hits a Nintendo console.

I'm looking forward to Zelda as well, and KH2.8 is gonna be fun (replaying KH3D with new Dream Eaters is gonna be great). Also I'm still expecting KH3 to drop next December. So there's that.

Borderlands 3.

Borderlands 2 is still one of my favorite games. I haven't played it since April, but that's because I have played it since I got it back in late 2012. That was about three years of steady constant play.

And while many (including myself for a while) shit all over The Pre-Sequel, we were really doing it because, while it stands up on its own as a game, we were all comparing it to BL2, which was jsut a better game overall. Not exactly fair.

Everyone was expecting BL3 to be announced at some point in 2015, but instead, we got Battleborn.

And we all know that story. Enough said.

We know that Gearbox was already doing pre-production work back in 2015 as the major work for BB was well under way. Come mid-2016, they officially announce that full development is underway. That gives about a two thirds of a year or so of work.

Sadly, I doubt we'll even get a trailer before 2017 is over at this rate.

One can still wish, though...

8 hours ago, TheChargingRhino said:

Which is....?

A magical drop clone. Still need to settle on an art style for it and figure out how deep I want to go into single player features. I also haven't looked through all of the documentation for the platform(s) I'm trying to target, either, which will probably be an exciting use of a weekend sometime in the next three months or so. Platform holders and publishers are both traditionally against fun and happiness.

There's a lot of cool stuff I'd like to do with it, but I also want to ship it eventually. I'll probably need to cap my scope in 3-4 months and then slog through it. It's a bit slow-going because it's mostly a weekends project. Good part is that I'm not reliant on it being successful. Hoping for an early December release.

I get so little console time these days, most of what interests me is mobile and portable games.  I already got most of the 3DS games I was eyeing for the last 3 years, but will probably pick up Sun or Moon this year.  I'm also looking forward to the rest of Season 2 of Sentinels of the Multiverse, and aLttP Randomizer version 7.

As for console, Breath of the Wild, definitely, although I'm waiting to decide which system.  Probably some of the other Switch titles shown in the trailer, like Splatoon if it's more than just a Director's Cut of the first game. Otherwise, just older games I haven't gotten around to getting/playing yet.