Crowdfunded Projects (Kickstarter, Patreon, etc.)

DarkeSword

Really hoping that one hits its Wii U stretch goal.

In more nonsensical news, here, have a Kickstarter for The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 - Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie - Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa. It hit its goal in less than a day, and most of the stretch goals are pretty ridiculous, though the Barkley 1 save importer would be nice.

• 1 month later...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/robaato/cryamore-a-true-first-class-take-on-the-action-rpg?ref=category

Cool, if Cryamore doubles their income they are console bound!

Thats brilliant news. It's only taken a few days ro get here so chances are good :D.

Edit:

Noctermis is a horror-adventure Wii-U, 3DS and Vita bound, apparently.

A little perturbed there's no in game footage, just screenshots, but the art direction is mint...

Might be too late to reach final stretch goal but for a final push here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/643653261/noctemis?ref=category

Edited by Swifthom

I'm here to promote the Wildman Kickstarter:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gaspoweredgames/wildman-an-evolutionary-action-rpg

Gas Powered Games is genre-mashing in a way that hasn't been seen before with ARPG and RTS, and I think the project has a lot of potential. Also the music is being done by Jeremy Soule which should hopefully be good mix-bait.

Thanks!

Hmm, doesn't look like the Wildman Kickstarter will make it. Which is a shame...

They 'were' asking for a lot. Still, it's not a 'lot' more than Dreamfall Chapters who are already 60% in 48 hours: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/redthread/dreamfall-chapters-the-longest-journey?ref=category

So stoked about that one :)

In the meantime, Cryamore has moved to UNITY

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/robaato/cryamore-a-true-first-class-take-on-the-action-rpg

What does that mean? Loads actually, and the potential for console releases are there. Not guaranteed if they don't reach the stretch goals but it would now be a possibility :)

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if anybody has seen the short film The Reward in the past month that it's been floating around the internet, but if you haven't I urge you to go watch it now: it's amazing. It's one of those animated things so good, they don't need a word of dialogue.

This thing has become so popular that the team who produced it are looking to make a series of it. I hope that they make their goal, because their animation style oozes with personality and great storytelling skills.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh my goodness :D!!! Ecco was one of my favorite childhood games (Genesis version), but I’ve also heard Spencer Nilson’s track for the Mega Drive. Spencer and a team of producers are making another game similar to Ecco: Tides of Time. Here’s the link to their kickstarter.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/annunziata/the-next-ecco-the-dolphin-adventure-game

Yeah the Big Blue isn't going to happen.

It got $40,000 in 24 hours and less than $10,000 in 24 days following... They've asked for waaaaaaaay too much.

It's a shame, they seem to have some good ideas, but it isn't what everyone seems to want (which is just another Ecco game), it's something much bigger.

Plus there was a whole 'is it, isn't it' MMO debate and how important will printed cards be to the gameplay?

Such a shame to see this thing hit a brick wall when, as noted, at the core is a cool concept :banghead:

Nice! I know some cyclists who might be interested in this.

Shame about Big Blue...I think it comes down to the art not looking that great and people (who didn't play Ecco) not seeing how a game like this would be much fun. To be honest, I sort of fall in that camp myself...I kinda wish they'd split off the soundtrack as its own Kickstarter. With Spencer Nilsen *and* Bear McCreary, it would be funded in no time.

Nice! I know some cyclists who might be interested in this.

Shame about Big Blue...I think it comes down to the art not looking that great and people (who didn't play Ecco) not seeing how a game like this would be much fun. To be honest, I sort of fall in that camp myself...I kinda wish they'd split off the soundtrack as its own Kickstarter. With Spencer Nilsen *and* Bear McCreary, it would be funded in no time.

Bear McCreary??

Man, now this has my attention. Too bad it's too late. :(

Wow... This one is down to the wire.. 9 hours to go and 90% there.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1644707178/buddy-and-me?ref=category

I'm not 100% behind the concept myself but it's got some serious pedigree behind it (Metroid Prime Designers) and it does boast plenty of charm.

Really hope it makes it. If your interested in ANYTHING cute, have a look

Are you guys sure that The Big Blue isn't going to happen? These people were all professionals in the industry before so even if they aren't at the moment, I would think that they cha easily get publisher support. In other words, I'm trying to say that, I don't think they posted a kickstarter because they actually need the money. Is that not a possibility?

At least not 'this' kickstarter.

I've seen some indie publishers come back asking for a lesser amount, with better designed videos and more content to show off after the first one (which had badly designed plea video with barely any content asking for faaaar too much) sunk.

I'm never sure what to make of it.

I wish The Big Blue all the best just if it was going to work via Kickstarter they needed to do 3 things they haven't:

1) ask for a more reasonable ammount of money (scale project down)

2) In same theme, scale project down so it actually IS a recognizable sequel to Ecco rather than being some quazi undefiniable semi MMO/Sims simulator

3) Post more project updates throughout month, revealing more and more info each day. There have only been a few and they have mostly not been about gameplay reveals.

Failing 1 meant it would be difficult, failing 2 meant they turned off their core audience and failing 3 meant they failed to carry momentum throughout project.

Instead, as I said before, big push on day 1 and then nothing for 27 days :roll:

Good luck to them finding a real publisher, they have some great ideas and I hope we get to see at least some of them in some form further down the line.

• DarkeSword changed the title to Crowdfunded Projects (Kickstarter, Patreon, etc.)