I heard a dubstep remix of The World's Smallest Violin, and now I feel inadequate. How do I make my crappy remixes sound like this in FL studio?

What Garpocalypse said.

Another thing to remember is that you can't compare yourself to others all the time. If you are a beginner comparing yourself to a pro who's put in countless hours to be good at their craft, you're only setting yourself up for failure. Comparisons are useful if you're looking at someone else's music thinking "What are they doing that I'm not? How did they achieve that sound?" Look at the art critically, don't just bash yourself.

I used to feel the same way when hearing other people's music, to the point where I felt too intimidated to even start producing music. The only way I'll get good enough to remix songs as small as The World's Smallest Violin is if I keep making music, learn my software, and push my creative to the limit. Use the experience with your DAW to make cool remixes like the one you just linked!

Agreed with previous posters. To improve in your musical writing ability, you *can* look to others for inspiration. But, a good artist knows the limits of his/her resources, and needs to learn how to expand those limits, whether it's the VSTs owned, or one's ability to use them, or the headphones, or one's ability to construct a good composition, or whatever else.

If someone else's piece makes you feel inferior, it's probably not something you should try to exactly emulate. If you still want to try to make something similar, try it, but don't treat it as, "oh, it's not the same so clearly I failed". Treat it as, "mine doesn't sound as big or tight, but I think otherwise I'm kind of getting the idea."

Track down what it is that differentiates the original from your try. Is it more compressed? Is there more reverb? Is the stereo field more spacious? Are the sounds more layered? Is there filter motion I don't have? etc. These are the types of questions you should ask, not "how do I make this, but not crappy?".