"Drop the Facade" X vs Zero Vocal Version

Cyril the Wolf

Hi Everyone. 

Above is the link to my newest video game cover/remix thing. Obviously SEO optimized for Youtube. ;) Been working on a lot of things mostly to improve my process - but it's been worth it since I feel like I can actually do stuff like this without having to reinvent my process over and over again... 

I'm always looking for feedback - Just because it's on YouTube doesn't mean that I can't tweak to submit later - and I wanted to post it here because I can't for the life of me think of a title. While not having a unique title is great for getting clicks on the youtubes - not so much for OCR consideration. The source link is below, my concern here is if it's interpretive enough. I definitely change things around a lot and have an original section in there. I just know I've gotten feedback before on being to conservative and I really take that to heart. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwxm2gb8mkk051t/XvsZero-Reamp.mp3?dl=0

Edited by Cyril the Wolf
type in the title - added title and new WIP link - submitted

Possible titles:

• Indivisible
  • Drop the Facade
  • Push Your Limits

-----

Hilarious vocals as usual!

Yeah, it's pretty conservative (the melodies are almost note-for-note, except for some parts humans can't sing fast enough to do), but I do hear some differences. Your 1:00 - 1:13 is definitely not in the original, but it sounds like the original, so I'd count that as a plus. The solo break at 2:13 - 3:18 was a great addition, and makes up 25% of the track. This follows the source notes pretty closely, while adding semi-original transitions and an original solo section. Hard to say, but I think this is a bit over the fence? It's a mix of fairly conservative and fairly original, rather than all evenly interpreted.

Small nitpicks: I think 3:15 - 3:18 was kinda out of place, and I think that 3:15 and 3:18 would still connect with that piano bit taken out. Or, what if you let the guitar note ring out at 3:15 - 3:18? I would also go back through and check your pitch, such as at 0:30 - 0:32 (pretty noticeable) and 0:41 ("set", very slight).

The production's a bit raw but even in the guitars, and oddly clean (un-punchy) in the drums. I think the kick is acceptably audible, but the snare could be stronger; the rest of the drums work for me. I wonder if the bass guitar could be EQed to get a bit heavier? I might use this as a reference. Clutch ending though.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwxm2gb8mkk051t/XvsZero-Reamp.mp3?dl=0

JUST CUZ LIKE IDK 

I still have to check those pitch sections, tried to make the drums a bit more punchy, adjust some of my mastering settings so that the bass is a little more present... also changed my guitar tone a lot. I think overall this mix is cleaner among other things.

:-) Thanks for the feedback timaeus