Compo: MnP (Meat 'n Potatoes)

Round 66: (LoZ) Twilight Princess - Beast Ganon Battle

Midihttp://compo.thasauce.net/files/materials/MnP66_6-22_ganonseq.mid

Youtube:

Deadline: Jan 15th Monday @ 1 PM

Vote Ends: Jan 17th Wed @ 11 PM

MnP ARCHIVE  - made by Trism ;) 

Submit your remix Here when completed. 
**If you have technical difficulty with account activation at ThaSauce, please contact me via PM and I will submit your track and will also tally your vote**

MISSION STATEMENT
The goal of Compo:MnP is to promote that "meat and potatoes" conservative approach to remixing: this includes the mood and composition of source tunes. It is up to the remixer to create their own personalization, or to simply give it a sound upgrade. Moreover, the compo is a great opportunity to hone your remixing skills and give video game music the respect that is due. SOME reinterpretation is recommended, but not required.

MnP Instructions/Guidelines
1. Covers and Sound Upgrades are permitted.
2. Most or all of the source notes must be present (but not necessarily in the exact same order), secondly the mood (energy, pacing, feelings being conveyed etc) should also be retained. For example, a source tune that is fast-paced and energetic that's remixed into a mellow/chill-out theme would be a hard sell.
3. If you decide to do a genre swap (i.e. symphonic to techno), make sure that the conditions of #2 are met.
4. Submissions must be at a maximum of 20mb (keeping in step with ThaSauce's file size max).
5. Only 1 entry per participant. Previous winner cannot participate but can submit a BONUS entry.
6. All competitors and voters must adhere to the rules stated within: Competition Code and Conduct

MISC/TIPS
- When picking a source tune, make sure it has a MIDI to make ppl's lives easier.
- In-game sound FX are permitted, so long as they don't comprise the whole track (i.e. replacing entire MIDI tracks with just sfx)

Just a quick tip, a 5/4 measure sneaks in at the fourth measure/there's an extra beat added to bar 4, which isn't reflected in the MIDI. And as dizzying as it sounds, I think everything else stays in 4/4.

I have to give credit where it's due: my wife picked this source track. She really wanted something from Twilight Princess, so I gave her a list of what I should pick, and she said this one. :P

3 hours ago, Esperado said:

Im not sure if id release the full 18 mins of clips for this compo, but I could pick out some of the juicier ones. I would be interested in sorting them all out eventually though.

Sounds good.  If you do wind up doing it, just post a link to the clips in this thread.  I'll be making a serious MNP version of this song, following a goofy YTP one if the clips are available :) 

If someone could youtube to wav the cdi clip i could still try to chop some of it on my ipad. I just need to get the audio clip into my dropbox or google drive account since apple hasnt unlocked straight downloads on ipads yet. Otherwise ill try to get a freind to do it. 

Edit. Nvm, i figured out how to download it. 

1 hour ago, Esperado said:

Im out of the compos for a few months. Apple decided that 200$ wasnt enough for their otherwise useless warranty to cover minor water damage and im not gonna be able to afford a replacement. Ill try remixing on my ipad but idk if thats gonna be reasonable. 

That is shitty man...you seem to go through a lot of bad luck with PC hardware =/ ...hope things get better!