Histrousle

Aquadango

So I found this song and needed to experiment with wav. and my new plugins.

I exported all the wavs separately and this is the result.

It's doesn't need that much cpu usage and the files are small.

I don't know if this still counts as a VGM Remix tho.

If it does please leave some feedback since I've been trying to humanize my guitar VSTs

VSTs

- Shreddage 2

-Shreddage Bass 2

-Shreddage Drums

I really love shreddage :3

Edit 1/21/17

Hello I've updated this track and I think I got the track to sound better. Since humanizing the guitars was my first problem I had ghosted my notes then played on the rhythm to replicate delays from notes. I then also added some whammy vibrato and some fret noises where the notes drastically go from low to high. I didn't stop there I then made a solo at the final bridge of the song which in my opinion is very nice. Let me know what ya'll think it was a pain to do it through actually playing it since I'm not really a piano player. I almost forgot the metal kit I'd made for the drums that give it a more heavy/upbeat feel.

Edited by Aquadango
Updated all the tracks

Haha, I think this still counts as a VGM arrangement of his theme. Neat idea, has a lot of energy.

As far as humanizing guitars, I can see where you're coming from. You do some good work in this, but there seems to be a tendancy to copy paste prior guitar licks, which makes each section sound the exact same. Copying notes isn't a bad thing, but copying the envelops that make the guitar sound more human makes it sound less realistic. Humans change how they play the same thing from phrase to phrase, so copying and pasting the envelops makes it clear to the listener that it is indeed not performed by a person.

Sounds pretty cool, though - nice little arrangement of His Theme in the style of Bonetrousle.

I dunno, the second edit kind of sounds... Off. More off than the first one. But the first one was pretty good. You used some pads or something from :44 to the end basically on the first edit, but they weren't in the second one and I'm questioning why. I kind of liked the first one better, even without the panning and stuff. Try adding some reverb on things. Not too much. But not too little. It just sounds kind of dry in my opinion. I'm no professional, but this is just my thoughts and observations lol.