Snake Man ReMix w/ world percussion, swing groove

eggsngaming

https://soundcloud.com/eggsngam…/snake-man-remix-first-draft

This is a remix of Snake Man's theme from Mega Man 3 on NES. The idea here is lots of world percussion along with a calm smooth guitar and atmospheric pads and choir. This is literally the first thing I've ever made in FL Studio or any DAW for that matter so I'm still learning but hey, gotta start somewhere!

I probably need to find some way to make it a little less muddy sounding during the busy parts. Might be too much low end on the guitar. Not quite sure.

I heard you mention this track on the Magfest OCR panel stream and I thought I'd check it out. I'm not familiar with the source, but it has some interesting ideas in here. Might be interesting to take the world percussion idea further and add some more ethnic instruments to it. I'm thinking flutes, maybe some steel drums and basically anything else that gives that tropical island vibe. Maybe steal some inspiration from the Chrono Cross OST too, because it somehow reminds me of some tracks of that game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2017 at 3:30 PM, Jorito said:

I heard you mention this track on the Magfest OCR panel stream and I thought I'd check it out. I'm not familiar with the source, but it has some interesting ideas in here. Might be interesting to take the world percussion idea further and add some more ethnic instruments to it. I'm thinking flutes, maybe some steel drums and basically anything else that gives that tropical island vibe. Maybe steal some inspiration from the Chrono Cross OST too, because it somehow reminds me of some tracks of that game.

Thanks for the feedback! Definitely had flute in mind.