The Legend of Zelda - Saria's Song Remix

DjReanen

It sounds cool, and maybe it's just me, but I think there might be a lot of reverb on the flute lead. Perhaps even on your original melody playing around it. And I don't hear any bass. I suppose that's not necessary, but from my perspective, this is meant to be dance music, so the absence of a bassline doesn't sound right. Aside from that, it does sound nice and I would say that it even captures a "lost woods" feeling. Or a place that's magical.

Thanks for submitting your remix to this board to be listened to by the people here! I love the overall feeling of this piece. I know this is marked "completed", but going forward I think I have some tips for future mixes! 

You have a really cool bell lead, and this bell-like arpeggio going on. They sound great but they are competing for the same frequency space, and then when you add the flute lead it sort of gets a little difficult to tell what's going on. (particularly with all the reverb on the lead instruments) My first idea would be to simply turn the backing arpeggios down a little to give room for the leads. Alternatively you could get rid of some of their upper mid range (probably around 2khz in this case) to make some room for your lead instruments so the melody you wrote (and the saria's song counter melody) can stick out to the listeners ear. I think you could get away with turning the reverb effect down a little bit too, but that may be just my personal preference talking. 

I echo what Uffe von Lauterbach mentioned about the bassline, it seems empty down in the low end for the style. 

First mix? Not bad! Hope to hear more from you :D

Wow, I really like the melodies you have down for this remix and the 'smoothness' of the sound created by the instruments you have chosen. Sounds great!

Although I don't find the lack of bass particularly un-good, I do hear the melody frequency conflicts that @Cyril the Wolf referred to above and I agree with his recommendations. The other note I would have is that supporting harmony background (the bell-like arpeggio?) gets really repetitive. It would be nice to hear a little of the creativity you used for the melody applied to some variation of this harmony in the later parts of the song.

Other than that, very pretty mix. Good luck with this!