OCR03689 - *YES* Parodius "Non-Sense Paradise"

Gario

The track : 

Parodius was for me a big game. It was absolutely fun and so difficult for gamers. In this track, I tried to mix different themes from the game and keep the main feeling : funny, mess, and enjoyment.
For the first part, I choose to play with different instruments. You noticed that the original introduction (Parodius Dance) is 10 second long (was a big challenge to make it longe). You can hear different leitmotivs. I tried to mix them as each instrument play each leitmotivs. After the exposition, I go for the player selection theme (Hello Paro Chan) and I chose to play it very slow with strings. 
In the game, you could choose between 4  characters and the beginning of the song changes between them. For the third part of my track, I chose to mix 2 characters themes (Vic Viper and Pentarou).To finish, there is a reexposition of character selection theme.

A lot of fun to make this track. I hope you'll like it and perhaps play the game.

Enjoy it.

The track : 

It's going to seem like cheating, but seeing that I hunted for source back when he posted this in the WIP board I'm going to say the source usage easily clears our bar. It's a medley, but it's one that makes sense as a stand alone track - each part seems to show progression of a journey, and there are elements of the main theme that tie it together at the beginning and the end. I very much enjoyed this approach.

It was brilliantly orchestrated when I eval'd it, and he took my advice and made it even more phenomenal with some more subtle touches to the humanization. Legitimately great stuff coming from Ganaé, here - hope to hear a whole lot more from him!

YES

I'm pretty much on board with Gario's assessment.  Great orchestration, and a really fun arrangement, with clear usage of some challenging sources.  2:00-2:46 gave me goosebumps, and I'm sure I won't be the only one--Vic Viper's theme from Gradius is a classic.

My one critique would be that there's a really wide dynamic range--3:00-3:08 and 3:54-4:06 in particular are much, much louder than most of the rest of the track, and there's nowhere I can set my listening volume such that I can hear the first 50 seconds of the track clearly but not blast my eardrums out during those loud sections.

However, that's not an uncommon issue with orchestral arrangements, and I can live with it given how outstanding the rest of this is.  An easy

YES

• 1 month later...

Very Nice!  This remix is indeed a bit medley-ish sounding, but I didn't find fault in the transition, it makes sense as a single piece.  Jumping from whimsical, to adventurous as it wills to without losing pace.  The orchestration was pretty good! although I wasn't a huge fan of the choirs, it's such a minor thing in the context of the entirety of the track, it doesn't really matter much.  This is one of those remixes that can lift one's spirit by listening to it.  I have a friend who just loves whimsical orchestral songs, and I know this will be liked by her and many more ocremix listeners.  So let's get you to the front page.

YES

• Sir_NutS changed the title to 2016/07/20 - (3Y) Parodius 'Non-Sense Paradise'
  • 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to (2016/07/20) *YES - TAG - NEED 192k or VBR1* Parodius 'Non-Sense Paradise'
  • DragonAvenger locked this topic
  • Liontamer pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...