Cosmic Prism

Winter Sfx, Sounds, & Soundfonts

9 posts in this topic

Checked out freesound.org already? I find it pretty good for those odd bits of sfx that spice up a track.

If you add in some gentle wind blowing SFX in the background and give the song title something that suggests it's winter, that's most of the sonic imagery right there. Then just add the bells, flute and harp and you're ready to go.

Edit: Also, let me post here tomorrow and I can link you to a place I found that has more soundfonts than you can fucking count. It's on my laptop and I'm going to bed right now.

On 1/30/2017 at 9:50 PM, Meteo Xavier said:

If you add in some gentle wind blowing SFX in the background and give the song title something that suggests it's winter, that's most of the sonic imagery right there. Then just add the bells, flute and harp and you're ready to go.

Edit: Also, let me post here tomorrow and I can link you to a place I found that has more soundfonts than you can fucking count. It's on my laptop and I'm going to bed right now.

Absolutely :) ! Thanks for the responses everyone. And I'd definitely like to know the link too lol.

The FluidR3 soundfont has a great sleigh bell sound. Add some reverb on it and it's great for atmospheric tracks. It also contains my favorite harp (I use it more than the one in EWQL Symphonic Orchestra...).

On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 9:50 PM, Meteo Xavier said:

Also, let me post here tomorrow and I can link you to a place I found that has more soundfonts than you can fucking count.

Hey @Meteo Xavier, I was curious about this too. Do you have that link you were talking about?