Has Anybody here ever Run The Play engine for EastWest Quantum Leap Symphonic Choirs - Gold Edition + Kontakt at the Same time on Windows 10?

GSO

29 minutes ago, prophetik music said:

software can't brick hardware on a pc unless you're messing with BIOS settings. The Play engine doesn't mess with BIOS settings.

When I installed any vst and I mean any vst, the computer upon wake or reboot would take you to recovery options and wouldn't load windows unless you rolled back to a point where none of it was installed, thus rendering it unusable. I fought with this for weeks and so did the shop I eventually took it to.

Reinstalling Windows 8 fixed the problem entirely 

it was almost definitely an issue with the system bus drivers not being installed correctly, or having multiple sets of drivers overlapping, so the VSTs couldn't requisition IRQ channels without getting overlaps or interrupts. reinstalling windows and reinstalling the system bus drivers likely would have taken care of it. reinstalling w8 had the same effect.

also, bricking is a term that denotes damaging the firmware of a ROM chip meaning it can't be used. that doesn't sound like your issue...not trying to be a pedant but bricking vs. screwing up the os is a big difference =)

2 hours ago, prophetik music said:

it was almost definitely an issue with the system bus drivers not being installed correctly, or having multiple sets of drivers overlapping, so the VSTs couldn't requisition IRQ channels without getting overlaps or interrupts. reinstalling windows and reinstalling the system bus drivers likely would have taken care of it. reinstalling w8 had the same effect.

also, bricking is a term that denotes damaging the firmware of a ROM chip meaning it can't be used. that doesn't sound like your issue...not trying to be a pedant but bricking vs. screwing up the os is a big difference =)

Reinstalling windows 10 did not fix the issue.

Either way, I prefer 8 and wish they'd have stopped at 7

12 hours ago, Flexstyle said:

I've got a bunch of projects that use various EWQL (multiple patches) and various Kontakt (multiple patches) all the time. No issues. Win10 pro, updates, drivers, all good to go.

thanks, Flexstyle.

• 2 weeks later...

I've run PLAY and Kontakt just fine on my Windows 10 PC. I've never head a problem with my VSTs, other than having constantly reconfigure my directories as I upgrade to bigger SSDs.

However, Windows 10 adds new features when it updates itself. This means it takes more resources to run with every update, and my FX 8350 processor doesn't go as far as it used to. Hopefully Ryzen will hit a nice price-point for an upgrade, or maybe it is time to make the switch over to Intel.