Tough Love - Undertale (Heartache)

Aquadango

Song Here 

Changes

- I've made the bass part more prominent and have more pop.

- Added a trumpet part to the melody in some parts.

- Added a tambourine.

- Added some strings.

- Made the piano part more stronger in parts where it should (Ex. At the end and at the beginning of certain phrases).

- I've also removed a slight distortion in the clarinet(It sounded really muddy and gross)

Feedback is greatly appreciated as it helps me get better at arrangements. 

Edited by Aquadango
Going to rework it

No source link, no source comment. I'm not gonna go hunting down the source for every remix. The remixer can supply the link themselves.

But clearly I should play this game at some point. Seems like it's got great music.

eval

I think the middle minute's drum rhythm is a bit repetitive, as the track gets stale towards the middle.. Yes, despite the cool rhythm. The transition to the last part also doesn't quite make sense to me, and should probably be signalled better in the dynamics and writing. I'm not saying it's out of place, it could work, but it currently doesn't.

It currently feels like 2 separate tracks, one after the other. It might be a good idea to let some instruments carry over, a percussion element or the low strings or something. I suggest you try something like that to make the track more cohesive. An intro in the same style as the ending part might also do it. There are many solutions to this problem. 

Repetitiveness is a problem in the ending part as well. It shouldn't take much, just a variation to the melody or a change in the overall dynamics, an instrument entering or dropping out. Again, a problem with many solutions.

It also sounds like the lead and drums are too loud compared to everything else. I'm having trouble listening to what's going on in the background. You'd best check this against some other posted remixes in a similar style.

Not yet ready for ocr, but it's a short and sweet track that has potential. Needs work on the mixing and on making the track more cohesive, as well as reducing the repetitiveness.

edit:

Link supplied. It's fairly conservative in material, but the structure is handled creatively. No complaints regarding source. Well, that source. Is the ending part from a different source? I can't connect it to anything in Liontamer's source. If so, that means integrating it into the main track is all the more important, as the arrangement otherwise turns into a medley of two disparate parts. That's a type of arrangement that usually doesn't pass the panel.

Also, I noticed on this listen that some of the shorter notes from around 0:35, probably on the clarinet or whatever that is, stand out as particularly loud. Instances of individual notes being too loud appear later as well. It's an easy fix once you spot it, reduce velocity or automate a reduction in track level. But you gotta catch 'em all. And you gotta find them first.

On 3/24/2017 at 9:49 AM, Rozovian said:

No source link, no source comment. I'm not gonna go hunting down the source for every remix. The remixer can supply the link themselves.

But clearly I should play this game at some point. Seems like it's got great music.

eval

I think the middle minute's drum rhythm is a bit repetitive, as the track gets stale towards the middle.. Yes, despite the cool rhythm. The transition to the last part also doesn't quite make sense to me, and should probably be signalled better in the dynamics and writing. I'm not saying it's out of place, it could work, but it currently doesn't.

It currently feels like 2 separate tracks, one after the other. It might be a good idea to let some instruments carry over, a percussion element or the low strings or something. I suggest you try something like that to make the track more cohesive. An intro in the same style as the ending part might also do it. There are many solutions to this problem. 

Repetitiveness is a problem in the ending part as well. It shouldn't take much, just a variation to the melody or a change in the overall dynamics, an instrument entering or dropping out. Again, a problem with many solutions.

It also sounds like the lead and drums are too loud compared to everything else. I'm having trouble listening to what's going on in the background. You'd best check this against some other posted remixes in a similar style.

Not yet ready for ocr, but it's a short and sweet track that has potential. Needs work on the mixing and on making the track more cohesive, as well as reducing the repetitiveness.

edit:

Link supplied. It's fairly conservative in material, but the structure is handled creatively. No complaints regarding source. Well, that source. Is the ending part from a different source? I can't connect it to anything in Liontamer's source. If so, that means integrating it into the main track is all the more important, as the arrangement otherwise turns into a medley of two disparate parts. That's a type of arrangement that usually doesn't pass the panel.

Also, I noticed on this listen that some of the shorter notes from around 0:35, probably on the clarinet or whatever that is, stand out as particularly loud. Instances of individual notes being too loud appear later as well. It's an easy fix once you spot it, reduce velocity or automate a reduction in track level. But you gotta catch 'em all. And you gotta find them first.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll be sure to try and implanted those changes as I rework this