Super Metroid - "Ridley's Theme" [Piano Cover]

DS394

EVAL

... was that Mars from Holst's 'The Planets' at 3:28 and 4:00? Nice touch.

*ahem*

Honestly, the performance is great, and the sources are cleverly arranged. If I had to critique it, there are one or two moments of hesitation that, while probably intentional, sound more like that - hesitation. It's super nitpicky, and something that others will probably not care about, so don't worry too much about it. Really not much else to add, though; if you submit this, it'd very likely pass, so send it off with my blessings. :)

7 minutes ago, Gario said:

... was that Mars from Holst's 'The Planets' at 3:28 and 4:00? Nice touch.

Yeah lol I kinda just added that in while noodling around with it in the arrangement process, give it that eerie ambient feel. I played Mars with an All-State Orchestra once and the vibes were so great.

8 minutes ago, Gario said:

there are one or two moments of hesitation that, while probably intentional, sound more like that - hesitation.

Any specific timestamps? Hesitation/stuttering is a consistent problem I have in my playing style, I probably just left them in so that the audio would match with the video, mistakes and all, but I could edit them out from the MIDI for an official audio file. Probably somewhere near the end of the "Super Metroid Theme" part in the finale, right?

10 minutes ago, Gario said:

send it off with my blessings. :)

Well, I would, but I still have a submission that's supposedly been in the judging process since September (but hasn't been on the "To Be Judged" list yet), which is even more frustrating because with my current knowledge of OCR, I feel like it's just going to be rejected for quite a bit of variation from the source material.

• 3 weeks later...