OCR03506 - Warframe "The Last Sequence"

Liontamer

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03506 - Warframe "The Last Sequence"

Mmm, I really, really liked this one. It has its share of flaws, but I'll be damned if I say the arrangement as a stand-alone piece is anything other than great. The sound design is just tasty, and the builds are breathtaking. You'd be doing yourself a disservice not listening to this one, even if you're not familiar with the source.

Check it out.

I may not be familiar with the source material, but damn is this an impressive mix! I love its more ambient nature, and its ability to calmly retreat into sections that are just as entertaining (if not more so!) than the buildups. 4:00-5:05 is a wonderful example of this. The background sfx wasn't necessarily my favorite, but I have to say that even the breakdown sections still kept their melodic roots.

Count me thoroughly impressed!

• 1 month later...

This has more side-chain than a chain gun, heh. I thought the amount of variation and writing style for this kind of build-up and break down a few times type song was good for a longer EDM track. Some of the reverb in the section around 3:30 was a tad sharp for me and I wasn't over the moon for the ending (very much a personal taste thing on my end, as it worked on it's own and wasn't abrupt), but those are only a few minor nitpicks for a ReMix that I otherwise liked quite a bit. Count me as someone who isn't familiar with the sources, and I can say that this still stands out as a good track in it's own right. One or two nitpicks aside, pretty good debut mix!