OCR03534 - *YES* EarthBound "Piano Meets Girl"

Gario

Hey OCRemix Team,

I've been following OCRemix for over a decade and love the community & content! This is my first submission and I look forward to submitting much more content soon! My specialty is piano arranging and I've had an active YouTube channel for several years (VGPianoMan). I've decided that it's finally time to partner with your community to share in this passion. My info:

Contact Info
•ReMixer name: VGPianoMan
•Email: 
•UserID: 34166

Submission Info
•Game arranged: Earthbound (Super Nintendo)
•Name of Arrangement: Piano Meets Girl
•Name of Individual Song Arranged: Boy Meets Girl

>Download the track from DropBox: 

This track was recorded on a Steinway B Grand Piano. It was one of the first pieces of music in a video game that sparked a passion for me to begin composing music - now my profession! This track was recorded several years ago, so the source file has a tiny bit of high-end white noise. I EQ'd it the best I could to clean it up. 

Thanks,

| Atlanta, GA 

• Liontamer changed the title to 2016/11/22 - EarthBound 'Piano Meet Girl'
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to 2016/11/22 - (1Y) EarthBound 'Piano Meet Girl'
  • 2 weeks later...

Overall a pretty solid performance, here. When things get busy there's quite a bit of pedal mud (like at ~1:00), but the style evokes a simpler romantic style piece so it still works alright (romantic piano music and pedal mud go together like peanut butter and messy jelly :P).

I think Larry summed it up sufficiently otherwise - good track, if a little short or simple. Get er' up there.

YES

Pretty nice pacing and use of dynamics.  Simple approach that just works, the switch to adagio to finish the arrangement was very predictable but, again, just works.  Although this was pretty by-the-books, it wasn't boring at all, I quite enjoyed it.  Not every track needs to put the source upside down in order to work.

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03534 - *YES* EarthBound "Piano Meet Girl"
  • Sir_NutS locked this topic