Hello,

See attached file.

Mirror link to 192kbps mp3:

Remixer name: Mordi
User ID: 18292
Name of game: Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Name of arrangement: Seagull Sonata
Name of individual song arranged: Stickerbush Symphony

Hope people will enjoy this one, even though it's yet another Stickerbush Symphony remix. I kept it mostly laid back, but listening to a lot of late 70's funk/disco lately compelled me to throw some more upbeat stuff in there at the end. I tried to channel my inner Nile Rodgers, but I doubt I'll be producing the next Chic album.

- Mordi / MoN

PS: I'm aware that it's not a sonata, but I had no idea what else to name it.

This has a really calming tone to it, with that chill guitar performance. It has some of the soundscape ideas from the Brawl remix in there, but it's less deliberate, less heavy and more peaceful, like something you'd listen to on the beach. Some of the sounds seem to be ripped from the game, but to be honest it's pretty minimal for the most part; I don't think that's ultimately an issue. The fade out ending is a little weak, but the arrangement is otherwise pretty strong, so I think I can let it pass this time around.

It's clean, and it does enough to keep the listener engaged throughout. I like it, let's give you some front page lovin'.

YES

• Gario changed the title to 2017/01/09 - (1Y) Donkey Kong Country 2 'Seagull Sonata'

Yeah, not a fan of that fade-out ending at all, but otherwise there's not much to dislike here.  I think the rhythm guitar is just a hair out of tune, but the effect is sort of quaint and I don't really mind it.  I don't hear any audio rips myself, though there are a couple of very similar synths.  All in all it certainly works for me.

YES

Very organic crisp production and overall relaxed atmosphere. Guitar playing is emotive and solid, nice amount of highs without being piercing. The accompanying cheesy synths in the background somehow work, and complement the guitar well. Arrangement was not too complex but gets the job done. Enjoyed the break at 2:50, a great change of pace. The funky strumming after this provides an added surprise. Drum sounds are well paired and have a nice sizzle, my only critique is that they don't change all that often, however they don't draw attention away either. No problems from me with this one.

YES

Ah, I remember reviewing this one in the workshop.  I said I liked it a lot and that hasn't changed, this is a pretty cool, groovy yet laid back track, with good production and neat performances.  Not the most complex of arrangements but there is a degree of personalization of the source that makes it stand on its own from the many, many remixes of this song out there.

I see no reason why we shouldn't have this on the front page.

YES

• Sir_NutS locked this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR03537 - *YES* Donkey Kong Country 2 "Seagull Sonata"