Super Metroid - Tourian 2 - WIP

Pink Mintaka

I've been working on this remix a little while now, and something about it just, isn't, satisfying. I like what I have so far, but I just can't help but feel something is missing. Is it lacking originality? Is the bass too plain? Should I add an instrument? Better drums perhaps? I really can't put my finger on it. So really I'm just wondering what you guys think of it, and if you think something is missing. So help on that and some criticism would be nice. :)

Update - Friday, Nov. 24th.

Tourian 2 Remix

Thanks.

wow, I'm really digging this, mainly because of its ambience...this makes it really reminiscent of the original SM soundtrack. As stated by Martin, the bass is too loud, but not too much. I'm not feeling that the intro is too long though -- of course, being a trance fan, I'm used to it :P .

Hey, thanks for the comment. I actually sort of forgot about this when I started working on other things, I guess it just slipped my mind. But hey, since you like it, what else (besides lowering the intesity on the bass) do you think I could do to make it any better?