Castlevania: Legends [Prologue]

I wanted to produce a synthwave arrangement of the source but couldn't help using "organic" instruments for the leads and drums. I thought it could be interesting to try and find a right balance between synth and organic sounds -- keep those guitars, piano and drums and use only synths for the arrangements (which I'll start exploring way deeper when I find someone with a decent knowledge of synthwave music willing to help me ^^').

Original Source:

Remix:

I visualized Sonia telling her newborn son the tale of her adventures -- like it's a bedtime story -- when remixing this.

Feel free to share feedbacks and whatnot :3

• 2 weeks later...

This is pretty good! Turning a 35 second source into a 5 minute remix that introduces new instruments and does something different is definitely not easy. I can feel the bedtime story inspiration in your remix. Your soundscape sounds good, but at the same time, I feel like it's a bit off sometimes. Maybe I'm mishearing things tonight, but it sounds a bit like your lead instruments are panned center. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but changing the panning direction (left/right) slightly between leads (flute to guitar to piano, etc.) can reduce hearing fatigue. Maybe someone else can comment on the panning/soundscape?

Overall, great job! I think you should submit this once you're done; to my ears, this has a good chance of passing.

5 hours ago, Light_of_Aether said:

Your soundscape sounds good, but at the same time, I feel like it's a bit off sometimes. Maybe I'm mishearing things tonight, but it sounds a bit like your lead instruments are panned center. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but changing the panning direction (left/right) slightly between leads (flute to guitar to piano, etc.) can reduce hearing fatigue.

Thanks for all these great advices. I'll be sure to keep all that in mind when I'll get back to this mix once I find a good collaborator.

Couldn't help noticing your username -- nice one, by the way ;) I am currently working on a "Metroid Prime" remix ("Chozo Ruins"/"Luminoth Story: U-Mos Account") and would like to know if I may request feedback from you on that one too. Since you gave such useful ones to other remixers (not to mention you actually are a very talented one yourself) and have a good knowledge of the series, I'd be honored :3

On 3/28/2017 at 5:23 AM, classic_gamer_76 said:

Couldn't help noticing your username -- nice one, by the way ;) I am currently working on a "Metroid Prime" remix ("Chozo Ruins"/"Luminoth Story: U-Mos Account") and would like to know if I may request feedback from you on that one too. Since you gave such useful ones to other remixers (not to mention you actually are a very talented one yourself) and have a good knowledge of the series, I'd be honored :3

Definitely! I always enjoy listening to and giving feedback on Metroid remixes. I especially enjoy Metroid Prime trilogy remixes because there aren't very many of them (compared to the rest of the games). Feel free to PM me if you like. And thanks for the kind words!