OCR03516 - Final Fantasy IX "Fixations"

Liontamer

Oh yeah! This track is finally posted. FINALLY! I'm not sure how much I love it, and I can't really describe my love because... Because... Meh, such words don't even exist, I think, seriously. Whenever it starts playing in my player, I just replay it, like, 30 times in a row. It's very cool how easily this work evokes a ton of emotions and just various interesting thoughts and images in your head.. Daaaaaaaamn, I can't praise it enough! I'm not big fan of folk stuff in general, but this remix is just glorious. It's simple yet deep, mellow, majestic and touching nature leaves me speachless every time I listen to it. The blend of all the instruments is just great and its flow is super smooth. One of the best works off WA, 'nuff said! Wish it was longer a bit, though ;)

While this isn't one of the first tracks I think of when I think of the FF IX OST, I think the remixer did an excellent job with this piece, transforming it from a bland background piece into something with some real soul and feel. 2:03 on, in particular, feels remarkably natural and unrehearsed. A fine, inspiring take and one where the mix tangibly stands apart from the original (and is arguably better!). Well done!