*NO* Final Fantasy 3 'Sunshine'

Gario

Hi, hope you're all doing okay! :)
  • Chernabogue ft. Tuberz McGee & Furilas
  • "Sunshine"
  • Source: Veggies of Geasel from FF3
  • Notes: This arrangement was made for the cancelled FF3 project and features (once again) Tuberz McGee and Furilas. However, it goes acoustic and not full out metal (for once). I like taking a mix that has some energy and turn it into something cooler/calmer.I also tried to add more ethnic instruments to give it a "folk/world" feeling. I'm very happy with the result. Thanks to all my collaborators and to the people who helped me makign it sound awesome! 

LINK: 
Soundcloud link: 

Hope it's all good!

Cheers!

Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

• Gario changed the title to 2017/01/25 - Final Fantasy 3 'Sunshine'

I do like the calm approach and the instrumentation, but I found this arrangement to be fairly static.  The percussion and pacing don't vary very much at all.  Other than the addition of the flute halfway through, the arrangement is mostly subtractive, switching things up just by removing elements.  I found myself losing interest despite the short length.  The flute solo at 2:16-2:38 was nice, for then devolved into melody-free grooving.  Production was fine, so I don't think this is too far off, it just needs a little less on-rails grooving and a little more variety IMHO.

NO (resubmit)

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm not going to add much to this since I think MindWanderer is pretty solid on this. The groove and harmonic pattern is too static, and while the flute soloing at 2:18 was a relief it isn't enough to keep the listener interested in the track. The production is light on the mid range EQ, but is otherwise alright, so it's more about breaking out of the groove that the tack establishes more often to keep the listener interested if you want to touch this up and resubmit.

Short vote is short, but there isn't too much to add to it than that.

NO

Not much to add to what the other two Js have said.  The flute sounds nice, but that entire section has no real leadwork.  The drum groove is probably the biggest issue I find holding this track back, it never changes.  The kick sound doesn't seem to fit with the instrumentation either, it seems to be more of a hard rock kick and a soft kick would work better, and since the sound doesn't fit right and sticks out of the soundscape, the noticeably repetitive pattern of the kick is emphasized.  Ok so I did have more to add.  Fix the drum groove and this should work better.

NO

• Chimpazilla changed the title to 2017/01/25 - (3N) Final Fantasy 3 'Sunshine'